Honored Contributor

Re: How Can I Dress Up Canned Cranberry Jelly?

On 11/20/2014 colliegirls said:

I announced to my family that I was not going to make homemade cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving, just the can and everyone said, YEAH!!!!

Well, there ya go! Smiley Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

I make cranberry mousse. Is delicious!!

Respected Contributor

I now have the turkey. I just brought that home from work. They gave them out today. I've got to go shopping, and like always, I'll forget to buy the cranberry sauce and have to buy it later. For some reason, we always forget it the first shopping trip. It is worth the second trip though.

Respected Contributor

.I usually get the whole berry cranberry sauce and gently mix it with a small container of vanilla yogurt, is the way DH family always did it at home he said. It almost tastes like a dessert.

Valued Contributor

This is the time of year I stock up on the sauce, because we eat it all year long.

Super Contributor

Holidays are a time for comfort foods and jellied cranberry sauce is one for me. Please don't ruin it for your guests who love it by trying to ""dress it up""! I would be so disappointed if anyone fouled the taste of it by adding heavens knows what all to it. I'm sure your guests would feel the same.

Honored Contributor

Those shiny purple slices have been ""tradition"" since the invention of cans!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

T-giving just wouldn't be the same without Ocean Spray straight from the can-ridges and all at our table. As a young cook I always thought the ridges were there to help you slice it perfectly! I've come along way - I now chop and put in a nice dish!!! (Although do like Publix cranberry orange relish & add walnuts).
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 homedecor1 said: T-giving just wouldn't be the same without Ocean Spray straight from the can-ridges and all at our table. As a young cook I always thought the ridges were there to help you slice it perfectly! I've come along way - I now chop and put in a nice dish!!! (Although do like Publix cranberry orange relish & add walnuts).

You mean those ridges ARE'NT there to help us slice it perfectly??? Smiley Happy Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

Update, for Christmas I served the canned cranberries but added mandarin oranges and apple pieces and it tasted very close to my homemade cranberry sauce I usually make at Thanksgiving. Who knew??!!!