Respected Contributor

Re: Hot weather meal recipes.

Hot dogs or burgers on the grill with a side of cole slaw or potato salad and a green salad. I use our grill quite often in the summer.

Occasional Contributor

I will have to try this out. Sounds delicious. 

Respected Contributor

I was going to suggest chicken Caesar salad too, but @IamMrsG beat me to it. LOL! 'Great minds...', G. Smiley Happy

But @gracie2014, in the summertime I almost always have sliced chicken breast in the fridge. It can be used so many ways; sandwiches, salads, etc.

Deli meat is expensive, and some just tastes weird to me.

Instead of deli stuff, I buy boneless, skinless breasts when they're on sale for $1.99/pound, or less.

Pound to a uniform thickness. (I usually separate the tenders from the breast & use in stir frys.)

Marinate in some inexpensive Italian or Greek dressing in a Ziploc baggie for a few hours.

Remove from the marinade, sear on both sides in a little oil in hot skillet, then place onto a cookie sheet lined w/ foil.

Bake at 375 anywhere from 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness.

Take out, let rest for 15 minutes, then slice & put in fridge.

Easy-peasy & yummy too!  Smiley Happy

Happy hot weather cooking!

p.s. If you ever use some canned pineapple, & are going to throw the juice away, save & use for a marinade instead.

For an Asian flair, add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, etc.

For Mexican food, add lime, cumin, cilantro, etc.

Muddling through...
Super Contributor

@sabatini Yummy, thanks for the recipe and  and for suggestiond on how to change it up! I need to start purchasing chicken breasts and slicing it up, that tastes so much better than the deli meat.

Honored Contributor

I second the recommendation by Bluffbaker for crock-pot cooking.  Or chicken salad with sliced tomatoes, corn on cob.  Or...this recipe for cold spaghetti....serve with salad, bread, etc.  (I may have gotten this from Recipe Swap several years ago.)

Spaghetti Salad

1 lb. thin spaghetti

1  8 oz. jar Zesty Italian Dressing

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 small/med red onion, chopped

1 pkg. pepperoni, cut-up

1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained

1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes (ones seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano)

1/4 bottle Salad Supreme by McCormick's (found by spices)

1- 3 oz. jar or smaller of sliced green olives, drained (optional)

1 bag of your favorite shredded cheese

Cook spaghetti, rinse, drain and cool in refrigerator.  After spaghetti is cool add dressing and mix well.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Best if fixed a day ahead of serving.