Esteemed Contributor

Hot Pepper Cranberry Cream Cheese for Thanksgiving

Now is about the time I think about new recipes for our family gathering at Thanksgiving. Most of the dishes and desserts are set in stone and not negotiable. But every year I try to find a cranberry recipe my family will eat. I've tried sauces, relishes, jams and muffins. Usually my DH and SIL eat the cranberry item. My DH because he eats everything, and my SIL because she's very polite and understands what it's like cooking for 20 some people.

This year I'm going to do Hot Pepper and Cranberry Jelly over room temp. cream cheese with Ritz crackers as one of my appetizers. I've got this jar in my cart on A. Have you every tried it?

Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly, 12.75 oz., Opens in a new tab

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hot Pepper Cranberry Cream Cheese for Thanksgiving

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Now is about the time I think about new recipes for our family gathering at Thanksgiving. Most of the dishes and desserts are set in stone and not negotiable. But every year I try to find a cranberry recipe my family will eat. I've tried sauces, relishes, jams and muffins. Usually my DH and SIL eat the cranberry item. My DH because he eats everything, and my SIL because she's very polite and understands what it's like cooking for 20 some people.

This year I'm going to do Hot Pepper and Cranberry Jelly over room temp. cream cheese with Ritz crackers as one of my appetizers. I've got this jar in my cart on A. Have you every tried it?

That looks good and it will probably be amazing over cream cheese. Let us know how you like it.

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I have not tried that one but I do use the Apple-Cranberry Chutney (same company).  I love it on my oven roasted turkey wraps.  I love hot pepper jelly and have no problem putting on toast with cream cheese.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

That looks good and it will probably be amazing over cream cheese. Let us know how you like it.

@grandma petes @PA Mom-mom 

We have used hot pepper jelly for years at both Thanksgiving and Christmas and I did have the Hot Pepper/Cranberry Jelly (that you are referencing) the last year and it was very good.  It is different from plain pepper jelly but it does add another dimension and we liked the new and different.

Honored Contributor

31 WAYS TO EAT PEPPER JELLY

1. Glaze on vegetables.
    2. Glaze on meats such as ham and pork chops.
    3. Glaze on chicken wings.
    4. Glaze on fish such as salmon, shark steaks and swordfish.
    5. Topping for cheese and crackers including goat cheese, smoked cheddar and brie as an appetizer.
    6. Mix pepper jelly with cream cheese for a dip.
    7. Use pepper jelly on or as a side dipping sauce for jalapeno poppers.
    8. Topping for ice cream.
    9. Used as a spread to compliment a sandwich or hamburger.
    10. On an egg, ham and cheese sandwich.
    11. Phyllo Pastry tarts Appetizer with pepper jelly.
    12. Spread on turkey slices with goat cheese, roll-up, chill and serve as an appetizer.
    13. On a fried oyster or fried fish.
    14. On coconut crusted shrimp.
    15. Mix with sour cream and use as a dip.
    16. On egg bagels with cream cheese.
    17. On cornbread.
    18. On popsicles.
    19. Topping on cheesecake or pound cake.
    20. With peanut butter on a cracker or toast.
    21. Topping on waffles or pancakes.
    22. Melt, mix with Italian dressing and use as a salad dressing.
    23. Brush pepper jelly on pineapple or watermelon and grill.
    24. On thumbprint cookies.
    25. As a BBQ Sauce/Glaze on chicken and ribs.
    26. In margaritas.
    27. In coleslaw.
    28. In a sauce for mussels.
    29. Mix with plain yogurt.
    30. Serve with a bread basket.
    31. Use as a dip for fried vegetables, such as fried zucchini and fried okra

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'm accustomed to seeing hot pepper (chiles) everything but I'd drawn the line when it comes to cranberries.  Some thing are sacred.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Stonewall Kitchen has great products. You won't be disappointed.

It'll be great with your cream cheese, or give some goat cheese a try.

Happy Turkey Day!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

I make maple-cinnamon cream cheese to eat with zucchini bread:

8 ounces softened cream cheese

2 tablespoons maple syrup

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 

Contributor

This is what I would (and probably will) make with it this holiday season...my favorite use of Brie.

Brie in puff pastry

Ingredients

1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (one sheet)

1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese

1/4 cup sliced almonds...or other nuts of choice

Jam..seedless raspberry or apricot or pepper jelly, etc.

Beaten egg wash..one egg whisked with a teaspoon of water.

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan. Or use parchment paper

Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Sprinkle almonds and jam evenly over the top. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Brush the inside of the pastry with the egg to seal..  Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie.brush with beaten egg to seal. I then placed it seam side down on the pie plate. Brush the egg over the whole thing

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Stonewall Kitchen has great products. You won't be disappointed.

It'll be great with your cream cheese, or give some goat cheese a try.

Happy Turkey Day!

@sabatini 

I LOVE Stonewall Kitchen!

they have a Maple Balsamic Dressing that is SO good!