Respected Contributor

this is what I'm talking about.it makes the food look unappetizing for sure.the crumbs get underneath their nails when squishing. Just awful looking

Super Contributor

"Everyone does not like everything". Honesty is the best policy.

If the customer likes that kind of food they'll buy it.

Honored Contributor

@Catastrophe wrote:

@Catastrophe  These are Salesmen we are talking about. Their job is to sell, not be honest no matter how they feel about something.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I can't recall any item presented (food or otherwise) where the host indicated a dislike of the item.  

Valued Contributor

What I can't understand is why they take such a HUGE bite of the food?

After stuffing their mouths, they then try to talk, which is scary to me - I'm always so afraid that one of them will choke on live TV. Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

If the food shows are so unappetizing, gross or "yucky", then why watch them? Pressing down on a meat product to let the juices spill out, is simply showing that the meat or cooking process doesn't produce dry meat. I don't watch QVC except to check out video of recently aired shows if they might interest me. It's a great way to ignore or avoid products, hosts or shows that you're not interested in or find to be "yucky".

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts and food

[ Edited ]

@Catastrophe wrote:

Can't stand to watch them eating   The other night Shawn was stuffing her face and talking at the same time.  How gross is that.  The food show is so phoney have you ever heard any of them say they don't like the food?

---------------

Agree!! I saw that... I don't mind the hosts eating, but it is the way they eat that is so unpleasant to watch.  Not only stuffing their faces, as if they hadn't eaten in days; but then talking while still chewing food!  Now that is disgusting!  And by the way, the HSN hosts do the same thing!

Mom always said - it is extremely impolite and bad manners to talk when your mouth is full!!  

Honored Contributor

What you should see at the beginning of preparing any food is washing of your hands.  I also like my area to stay clean so wipe up when needed.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

The hosts and guests touching and squeezing the food doesn't bother me. That is how they can show the food if it is moist, creamy, juicy, etc.

On the other hand, if one host did all that touching and squeezing of the food and then handed it to another host to eat, I might puke. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Catastrophe wrote:

@Catastrophe  These are Salesmen we are talking about. Their job is to sell, not be honest no matter how they feel about something.

@proudlyfromNJ@Catastrophe 

Years ago when Bob Bowersox had been on air selling an electric deep fat fryer. He thought he was off air and said I don't know how in the He!! I am supposed to sell this artery clogging S_ _TWoman LOL