Respected Contributor

I am looking for a egg and any kind of meat casserole for a bridal brunch.am feeding approximately 20 ppl.any recipies would be much appreciated

Honored Contributor

Elite Gourmet Elite Platinum EWM-9933 Maxi-Matic 7.5 Quart Triple Buffet Server, Tray, Oven-Safe Pan, Gravy & Holiday Esse...

Eggs and meat.......It sounds like you are planning a breakfast meal.    You could do scrambled eggs, sausage patties or links, and hash browns, with toast and muffins on the side.

22 servings are a LOT.   Hope you have a helper!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

We like this recipe because it's very tasty, it's simple, you put it together the night beforehand and you can bake it while you're doing other things. The finished casserole's consistency's light and fluffy. 

Sausage and Egg Casserole 

6 eggs, beaten

2 cups milk

1/2 pound sausage, cooked and broken up

6 slices bread, crust removed and cubed

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 

Mix all ingredients together and put into a buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. 

I don't have a "yield" figure for this, but I think you'd need to make 2 batches (instead of just doubling the recipe and baking in one pan) for 20 people. That way, you could put one on the buffet table and keep the other one warming in the oven until you need it. 

We like to make this when we have guests and are going to an event (like a morning wedding). We can shower or complete last minute tasks while it's baking. 

Respected Contributor

How about a quiche?  Or if you want something in individual serving, use a muffin pan and make scrambled egg muffins.  For a casserole, anything goes.  You can use sausage, bacon, ham, etc.  add in peppers, onion, etc.  I like Taste of Home recipes and All Recipes.  

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Why would you pick a casserole for a bridal shower?

It's your party but just curious.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Luvsmyfam   Why would you pick a casserole for a bridal shower?

It's your party but just curious.

Perhaps rethink the casserole. I hate eggs and do not eat eggy things. As a guest, it would be awkward. Perhaps serve ingredients individually or go the fruit, breakfast breads, continental breakfast route. Just a thought. @Luvsmyfam 

Honored Contributor

I have a wonderful quiche recipe that is delicious with fresh fruit and pasta salad.

Honored Contributor

I have served many brunches and this is always a favorite.....it makes up in a 9x13" dish but is so easy to fix..make two for your group....or this and other dishes as well.  Also, adding extra recipe that guests like.  Sweet rolls, fruit, etc., added....enjoy your brunch and shower.

Farmer's Casserole

4 1/2 cups of frozen shredded hash browns, thaw slightly

1 1/2 cups cubed ham

1/2 cup green onions, sliced

6 eggs

1 1/2 cans of Evaporated Milk

1/4 teaspoon each...salt and pepper

Grease a 9x13" baking dish.  Arranged potatoes evenly on bottom of dish.  Sprinkle with cheese, ham and green onion.

Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Pour this mixture over the potato mixture.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes until center is set.  Let stand 5 minutes and serve.

*** You can fix this ahead....make potato mixture and refrigerate.  Make egg mixture, refrigerate and pour over casserole next day.  Allow more baking time...about 1 hour.

Blueberry Croissant Puff

3 large croissants, cut up

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350.  Place croissant pieces in a 9" square pan.  Sprinkle with blueberries.  Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended.  Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition.  Pour evenly over croissant pieces.  Let stand for 20 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until set in center and golden brown.  If top starts getting too brown, cover with foil the last 10 minutes.  Serve warm and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. 

*** This recipe can be doubled and put in 9x13" dish.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

We like this recipe because it's very tasty, it's simple, you put it together the night beforehand and you can bake it while you're doing other things. The finished casserole's consistency's light and fluffy. 

Sausage and Egg Casserole 

6 eggs, beaten

2 cups milk

1/2 pound sausage, cooked and broken up

6 slices bread, crust removed and cubed

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. dry mustard

Mix all ingredients together and put into a buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. 

I don't have a "yield" figure for this, but I think you'd need to make 2 batches (instead of just doubling the recipe and baking in one pan) for 20 people. That way, you could put one on the buffet table and keep the other one warming in the oven until you need it. 

We like to make this when we have guests and are going to an event (like a morning wedding). We can shower or complete last minute tasks while it's baking. 

@Eileen in Virginia I make this with ham and sometimes mushrooms in it!  I love it!  I have also made it vegetarian, using some broccoli finely chopped.  

Also, no matter how fancy or not, people LOVE pigs in blankets.  Wrap in pie dough, filo, or biscuit dough and they get snapped up.  Maybe with a little pepper jelly for a dip.  

Quiche and fritatta at room temperature served in small squares and slices are hard to beat, and a fruit plate is welcome with them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosting a bridal shower

[ Edited ]

I don't have a recipe to share but if doing eggs, I highly recommend using ham as the meat (nothing dark). I was served an egg and sausage type dish at an event and it was visually very unappealing if you get my drift. 

I hope the shower goes well.