Respected Contributor

Re: Hosting a bridal shower

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam - a breakfast casserole is perfect for a shower brunch!  People love them.  I would also use ham - it's easy and universally liked.  Here is the recipe I use, very similar to walker's recipe:

Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.

12 eggs

1 c milk

Whisk well in a large bowl.  Add and mix all together:

2/3 c finely chopped onion

1/2 c finely chopped green pepper

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp Lawry's seasoning

2 c shredded cheddar

16 oz shredded frozen has browns, thawed

2 - 3 c chopped ham

Pour into baking dish and bake uncovered in preheated oven at 350 for about 45 - 50 min or until center is set.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of showers or home parties, period, and in all honesty have only gone to the ones with the best food.  

I look for ham biscuits, mini party sandwiches, sliders, or croissants with chicken or ham salad, veggies and dip, fruit with dip, pasta salad, and I prefer soda or iced tea over punch.    

Respected Contributor

because it is going to be a brunch.also having mimosas

Respected Contributor

thank-you all for giving me recipe ideas for bridal shower.every recipe sounds so delicious.thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosting a bridal shower

[ Edited ]

👍👍 for MIMOSAS!!!  😁

(I'll help and you can pay me with mimosas..😅.)

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   You have gotten some nice recipes here.  There are some that were posted in a thread in  recipes  on  07-18-2019 at 9:08 a.m. by  matyliz.

If you select Board and then type in Breakfast casserole and hit return it will be the first  selection of several threads that come up.

Your event sounds special and I think a brunch is a lovely idea.

Just a thought:   Presumably this is a "ladies only" not a Jack &  Jill bridal event.  If  it is a mixed group you might want to offer spicy bloody Marys for the guys.

All the best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

to heck with the guys,I love bloddymarys aroc3435

Respected Contributor

I sure do appreciate this info aroc3435.i looked up info,and found several recipies.thanks again

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Glad to have helped you find some additional recipes from these forums which I so enjoy.

Have fun with the shower.  I  haven't had an opportunity to host one in a very long time.  I so loved the planning, list making, shopping, and all the preparations,  decorating and cooking which  to me were as rewarding as hosting the happy event itself.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam- at Paula Deen dot com, she has a recipe for Baked French Toast Casserole.