Regular Contributor

with my coffee..yum    over vanilla ice cream would be yum too!

Honored Contributor

Please know I am not a fan of salmon but received this recipe earlier today and thought I would share as it sounds delicious:

Honey Garlic Salmon (5 Ingredients, 15 Minutes)
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
10 mins
Total Time
15 mins

A terrific way to serve salmon that is just sooooo crazy quick and easy and soooo delicious!

Course: Fish, Seafood
Servings: 2
Calories: 583 kcal
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Ingredients
Sauce
  • 4 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce (all purpose or light soy sauce)
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar (or sub with any other vinegar except balsamic)
  • 1 large garlic clove (or 2 small) , minced
Salmon
  • 2 salmon or trout fillets, skinless (6oz / 200g each)
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
Optional Garnishes
  • Sesame seeds
  • Finely sliced chives or shallots/scallions
Instructions
  1. Take salmon out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat salmon skin dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2. Whisk together the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
  3. Drizzle oil in a non stick fry pan and heat over medium high heat (or just under, if your stove runs hot). Place salmon in the pan, and cook the first side for 3 minutes. Turn, then cook the other side for 2 minutes, or to taste.

4. Pour Sauce over salmon. Cook for 1 minute or until it starts to thicken slightly. Check the side of the salmon to tell how cooked through the middle is - I like mine rare inside. (Note 1). If Sauce thickens too much before your salmon is cooked to your taste, just add water 1 tbsp at a time.

5. Remove onto serving plates.

6. Serve salmon drizzled with Sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and chives/shallots, if desired.

Recipe Notes

1. I tell how cooked a salmon is by eye, looking at the side of the salmon. I like mine to be coral inside (rare to medium rare), not pale pink and fully cooked. You can use a thermometer if you want. Insert it into the thickest part - it should be 120F / 50C for medium rare or 130F / 55C for medium.

Remember, the salmon will keep cooking for a minute after removing from the pan.

2. Nutrition per serving, assuming all the sauce is used, which is may not be (a lot of it remains in the fry pan).

Esteemed Contributor

Barefoot Contessa makes a Honey Lemon Pound Cake that is great. I cut down on sugar though and add more honey. I add 3/4 C sugar and 1/4 c honey. I think that is sweet enough but you may prefer more. I always like to do the recipe as written the first time and then make my adjustments later unless it is just something that looks really obvious to me I want to change.

ngredients
  • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 2 cups sifted cake flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions

Watch how to make this recipe.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light. Meanwhile, put the eggs, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup but do not combine. With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl and allowing each egg to become incorporated before adding the next egg.

Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, add it slowly to the batter until just combined. Finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, turn out onto a baking rack, and cool completely.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nicecupoftea

This recipe was originally posted by Lola.  The recipes she shared are always winners!

Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pot Roast  lola)  (recipe source: sixsisterfstuff.com)

1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast

2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup honey

3 Tbsp soy sauce

2 Tbsp dried basil

2 Tbsp minced garlic

2 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.   Place roast in slow cooker.

combine cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt;  pour over pork.

Cover cook on low 6-7 hours or meat thermometer reads 160

Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.

Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan.

Bring liquid to a boil.

Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

Slice roast; serve with gravy.

Serve with smashed potatoes or egg noodles.

@RespectLife I made this one & did not care for it & neither did DH. He said it was yuck. We don't really care for soy suace though so maybe that's the reason. I thought it was also on the dry side. Might work better with a prok tenderloin instead of the pork loin I used.

Valued Contributor

This sounds like an odd combination but it is delicious. I brown pork cutlets and then I mix equal parts honey and Italian dressing and pour over the cooked cutlets and let the sauce thicken a little bit. I usually serve a tossed salad and rice with it.

cookin

Respected Contributor

Hi!  Smiley Happy

This is a simple, but delicious way to cook fresh corn.

Ingredients are approximate...I add a bit more honey sometimes, as well as lots of lime juice. Total cooking time is less than 10 minutes - I like to keep the kernels semi-crisp.

Ingredients:

approx. 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 or 5 ears)
2 tablespoons butter
jalapeno chili, seeded and finely diced (your discretion - I use a sliver)
salt, to taste

1 tablespoon honey (spray the measuring spoon w/ cooking spray 1st)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro

lime wedges

Directions:

In a deep skillet (cast-iron preferred) over medium heat, add the butter & when foaming subsides, add jalapeno & stir a bit.

Add the corn, turn up the heat a little & cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes.

Add salt to taste, then the honey.

Continue to cook & stir for another minute or 2, then add the lime juice & cilantro, stir to combine well & immediately remove from heat & serve w/ lime wedges.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, I smiled when you prefaced your salmon recipe by saying that you're not a fan of salmon. Neither am I!

It looks beautiful, but that's as far as it goes with me. LOL!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@momtochloe, I smiled when you prefaced your salmon recipe by saying that you're not a fan of salmon. Neither am I!

@sabatini I am going to have to arrange a dinner for yourself, my doctor's wife and myself as apparently we all belong to the no thank you to salmon club . . . I once told him I would rather starve to death than eat it.  I truly struggle with seafood but have made friends with mild tasting fish like cod and haddock but salmon . . . yeah, that's just a no for moi . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@sabatini I am going to have to arrange a dinner for yourself, my doctor's wife and myself as apparently we all belong to the no thank you to salmon club . . . I once told him I would rather starve to death than eat it.  I truly struggle with seafood but have made friends with mild tasting fish like cod and haddock but salmon . . . yeah, that's just a no for moi . . . Smiley Sad

LOL! Dinner for 3 it is!

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

Honey, buttermilk bread !!!!!