Honored Contributor

Re: Honey Filled Biscuits - have you ever?

@aroc3435

Oh, how I loved the "Richard" and Jane readers!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   I loved learning to read.  I can still see the picture that showed the mother was cutting out cooky cars!

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@house_cat   I loved learning to read.  I can still see the picture that showed the mother was cutting out cooky cars!

I can tell from previous posts, we have a lot in common.  In our day, Kindergarten was our first year of school and it was simply playtime.  I was DYING to learn to read by the time I got to first grade.  I devoured those D&J readers, hanging on every word as if they were suspense thrillers, lol. 

I've always loved to color, and a few years ago I got a beautiful D&J coloring book!  I cherish it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@qualitygal

My friends and I are getting together for our annual cookie bake, this coming Saturday.  We all bring one recipe and the ingredients and we bake together.  We've been through all the standard traditional cookies, so I thought this might be a nice addition, but I'm not certain yet which I'll choose.

@Sooner

It is my understanding, from watchig many seasons of The Great British Baking Show, that "biscuits" and cookies are the same thing. I'm sorry if I misled you and got you all excited for nothing, lol.

@house_cat   YES YOU DID!  I was all excited, dreaming of a hot, fluffy steaming biscuit with butter than honey then there's a cookie?  Woman Surprised  Woman Very Happy