Valued Contributor

Homemade real chicken soup with matzoh balls or wide egg noodles

[ Edited ]

If ill this soup makes a person feel so much better!

Made a chicken soup late last night using a 4 lb chicken I sectioned into pieces, took off wings, legs, and added everything into a large pressure cooker.

Added water to cover and mixed with some dried herbs of oregano, dried mint, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder., S&P and a few hot pepper flakes.

I pressure cooked chicken for 2 hours on low until it fell off the bone.

I strained the broth thru a large strainer, removed all the  chicken bones and unwanted chicken carcass elements, and then placed some chopped finely red onions, chopped fresh garlic, some fresh chopped parsley, dill, chopped carrots and cut up cooked chicken then placed it all back into the pot and pressure cooked for a few minutes.

Saved all the bones from the chicken in a freezer container and will make bone broth when I accumulate enough to make it.

I used 1/2 of the soup and made walnut size matzoh balls from scratch using Matzoh meal, and fresh ingredients. 

I always make extra matzoh balls so I can freeze some for another soup meal.

I added a few tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice into my chicken broth for added brightness and flavor.

I have plenty leftover soup for a few days, and in my family we do love home made soups.

The soup was very delicious.

The rest of the soup broth I also froze in a  freezer container and will add wide egg noodles to it making another batch of chicken noodle soup later on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Homemade real chicken soup with matzoh balls or wide egg noodles

@GiantsLover   Thank you.  Love real chicken soup!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

😋 🍜❤️💯

Valued Contributor

Everyone who replies is most welcome, since this recipe is really a family favorite and very delicious.

You can also add butter toasted croutons, Chinese soup noodles, or leftover pretzels sliced into small pieces if you wish to make it even more filling.