Honored Contributor

When we were first married and DH was in the first wave of computers (When Texas Instruments still had plug in calculators), he spent quite a while on River Walk in San Antonio while doing workshops for the company. 

He has always made us homemade salsa.

Salsa

2 Cans Hunts Recipe Cut Fire Roasted Tomatoes, undrained

3/4 lg coursely chopped onion

1/3 C chopped cilantro

1/3 C jalapenos

2 Tbsp. soy sauce

(May add 1/3 C pepperchinos).

Chill. (must be stored in glass, can't be washed out of plastic or contact lenses.).

Respected Contributor

Always up to trying a new salsa recipe.

Different, sounds good.

The soy sauce is an interesting ingredient... never would of thought of that in a salsa.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I"ve never met salsa I did not like-the hotter the better.😁 This recipe looks delicious, so I am going to make it this week.

I've never made salsa with fire roasted tomatoes before, but I can see where it will definitely enhance the sauce. I've only used roma, or vine tomatoes, and am excited to see how it turns out!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Homemade Salsa

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  I"ve never met salsa I did not like-the hotter the better.😁 This recipe looks delicious, so I am going to make it this week.

I've never made salsa with fire roasted tomatoes before, but I can see where it will definitely enhance the sauce. I've only used roma, or vine tomatoes, and am excited to see how it turns out!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles You might want to use a few less

Jalapeños. 

Also, mixtures like this can increase the warmth over night.

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

The soy sauce makes this a definite "try."