Trusted Contributor

Re: Hollee's Site -- Last Call

[ Edited ]

@kitty4me  Just saw your message.  I'm not familiar with Open Office Writer, but here's what I do to copy/paste into Microsoft Word:

After opening the CAKES tab, put your mouse pointer to the left of the beginning of the first recipe.  Hold down the left mouse button and drag to highlight all the text you want to copy.  (Alternative: left click at the beginning of the text, drag a little, hold down the SHIFT key, and use your mouse to navigate to the end of the text by using the "drag bar" at the right of the screen.  Click again at the right of the last text in the last recipe while still holding down the SHIFT key.) 

When all of the recipes are highlighted, use your chosen method of doing an Edit-Paste of the highlighted text.  (I can explain that more if you need it. The highlighted text was copied onto something called the Clipboard.) 

Select the blank document you have created in your word processor and paste the text there.  (I usually use the Shift and Insert keys.  You can select the Menu Item EDIT and the PASTE from the drop-down) or you can right click your mouse and chose one of the PASTE Options from that drop-down.)

All of the highlighted text should now appear in your documet.  You can SAVE the document to your chosen location on your computer with whatever title you want.

I copied each section from HOLLEE's site into separate files.

If you need clearer directions, I'll try to check back here several times to see if you've posted another message.  Good luck. 

PS, I just noticed you said you were using SELECT ALL.  That includes "stuff" you may not necessarily want, so that might be what is cutting off the other recipes. I'd have to experiment with it, since I normally use the HIGHLIGHT technique to copy specifically the text I want included.

Honored Contributor

HoneyBit I love your Avtar but if you ever won't to change up do a spin of your nic the below is an ideal.  Good to see you on the board, with all the changes I am still looking for some posters.

Current Bit-o-Honey wrapper

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

, Thanks so much for the Bit-O-Honey picture -- I like the idea of the "Still Low In Fat" as a label too. The Still Grumpy Garfield seems to suit me betterright now with all the frustrations and losses we've had since Going Though the Change!  Seems like so many long-time posters just gave up and quit.  I'm still in mourning for all the recipes we lost -- not only in the "Gap Posts" that didn't get transferred over but also in the previous years where everything was cut off except the initial post.  I'm still feeling such grief for all that was lost -- not to mention the formatting frustrations of copying posts into Word now -- that I can't properly appreciate the good things that are part of the new software.

I keep reminding myself that it's "Change or Die" -- but it doesn't help a whole lot!

I see from your posts and "registered" date that you were around before the last format change, too.  I got here right after it happened.  I salute you for sticking with it, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

(Hmmmm -- I don't think I've ever made a post yet that didn't get a warning about "Invalid HTML."  Just another little lurking joy......)

Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to thank Hollee for maintaining this site for all this time and letting us know it was going away!  I have "borrowed" many great recipes from you great cooks on this board over the years.  

Honored Contributor

This is a beautiful site.  Just want to 'fess up and say thank you for all the recipes I've copied over the years.

Thanks so much.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much Honeybit. I will try your suggestion.

Super Contributor

Hollee, Thank you for all the time and energy that went into saving the older BB recipes.  I just saw this (Aug. 1, I figured I was too late!), and lucked out and managed to save recipes.  Also, thank you to all of you who contributed.  I'm probably somewhere between a beginner on some types of cooking and intermediate in others, so having many special recipes to try is awesome. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank You so much Honeybit.

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone else save her recipes to a different site?