Trusted Contributor

Hollee's Site -- Last Call

[ Edited ]

One last reminder, the site  http://bb-recipes.com which is an archive of poster's recipes maintained by former Recipe Swap poster Hollee will be gone in August.

Here was Hollee's post to us, in case you missed it:

hollee

07-03-2015

I haven't posted here in a very long time but specifically came today to see if there were recent postings about the recipe site. I'm sad to say it will expire in August and I will not be renewing it any longer. Thanks for remembering me and the nice words

-----

Lots of classic Recipe Swap recipes on the site.  They are in categories which are listed across the top of the web site page.  Once you click on a category, it's easy to copy and paste the whole category into your word processor and save it to your hard disk.   (Easy, that is, if you're familiar with copy and paste!)

Also, If you click on the word Links toward the right at the top of the page, it will take you to another page with 2005 BB Holiday Goodies at the top of a list of links. Click on it and you will get a downloadable PDF file of the "Holiday Cookbook" which some of the posters at the time put together. Just below that is a link to a "Cookie Swap" which is also easy to copy and paste.  (The other links are just that, links to other sites like King Arthur Flour.)

"Kick thine ownself" if you don't go take a look while you still can.  It only takes about 30 minutes to copy everything on the site and then read through it at your leisure. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hollee's Site -- Last Call

PS -- For those who don't remember, what we now think of as Web Sites were once called "Bulletin Boards" which is why the site is bb-recipes.

Respected Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

One last reminder, the site  http://bb-recipes.com which is an archive of poster's recipes maintained by former Recipe Swap poster Hollee will be gone in August.

Here was Hollee's post to us, in case you missed it:

@hollee

07-03-2015

I haven't posted here in a very long time but specifically came today to see if there were recent postings about the recipe site. I'm sad to say it will expire in August and I will not be renewing it any longer. Thanks for remembering me and the nice words

-----

Lots of classic Recipe Swap recipes on the site.  They are in categories which are listed across the top of the web site page.  Once you click on a category, it's easy to copy and paste the whole category into your word processor and save it to your hard disk.   (Easy, that is, if you're familiar with copy and paste!)

Also, If you click on the word Links toward the right at the top of the page, it will take you to another page with 2005 BB Holiday Goodies at the top of a list of links. Click on it and you will get a downloadable PDF file of the "Holiday Cookbook" which some of the posters at the time put together. Just below that is a link to a "Cookie Swap" which is also easy to copy and paste.  (The other links are just that, links to other sites like King Arthur Flour.)

"Kick thine ownself" if you don't go take a look while you still can.  It only takes about 30 minutes to copy everything on the site and then read through it at your leisure. 

oh no, such a shame for those newer ladies that missed this site and all those wonderful recipes. I sure hope a lot take advantage of it while it is up.

Trusted Contributor

Oh no I'm not computer savy at all. I don't know where to begin to save all that information or what to save. I will need lots of help. So sad...

Honored Contributor

I'm glad Hollee posted on the forums she would not be renewing the site so it would no longer be available. I copy & pasted all the recipes on the BB recipe site plus copy & pasted all the 2005-2006 Holiday goodies & cookie recipes listed under the links. I'm surprised there are not more interested in the recipes.

Respected Contributor

i am very interested... Can we somehow save them here, so we can all access them? There are some real gems...can it be archived somewhere for us?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mothertrucker, well, that was what Hollee did -- archive a lot of recipes for us.  She was paying for the web site and did a lot of work to format and catalog the recipes.  Someone else would have to step up and do the same thing.  I think there are file sharing sites out there on the web, but I don't know anything about them.

Respected Contributor

I am not very informed on computer stuff either...but I did notice an old recipe of mine on there when I was Tamn8r....long ago....
Esteemed Contributor

Hollee, if you check in girl, just thank you so much for the great memories of past posters and their recipies!

I joined the boards Christmas of 2005 and miss so many old posters.

Hollee, best wishes to you and Kirby your Furby Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello Honeybit I have a question for you or anyone who can help me. I'm trying to save the recipes from each catagory in Open Office Writer and I select all,then copy paste and in Cakes it only copied one recipe? I'm trying to save all the Recipes before they go away. Anyone else having this issue?