Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Cookies And Treats

[ Edited ]

christmas cookies.jpg

I made these this week... right after I responded to a thread by saying that I disliked baking cookies.

Go figure...

cookie recipe.jpg

ETA: @Carmie @Knit-Chick 

I only now had time to read through the entire thread and realized that these cookies had already been posted by another name. Sorry about that. I'm also not fond of anise flavoring, so I use lemon extract most often.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat ...those look good!  My husband likes lemon so I will make a batch for him.

edited for typo

Esteemed Contributor

This is for the coconut lover. I found the recipe in a local travel magazine. They're delicious and easy with only 3 ingredients.

Coconut Drops

3 egg whites

1/2 cup sugar

1 (14 oz) package flaked sweetened coconut

In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until they are foamy and begin to stiffen.

Beat in sugar.

Fold in coconut.

Drop by tablespoonfuls into ball-shaped mounds on parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake @350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until browned.

Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

Makes about 2 dozen.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat     For someone who doesn't like to bake, I would never guess.  Your cookies look delicious and are pretty.

I don't like anise either and my bottle of lemon extract was dry and empty, so I used vanilla this year.  

6 teas of banking powder? WOW!  I'll bet your cookies are so light, that they float. My cookies look sorta look the same, but they are heavy Italian cookies usually eaten with coffee.

Enjoy your cookies.

I am saving your recipe to try later.