Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Cookies And Treats

@LilBitMissty wrote:

HI Friends I wanted to start a thread to post Holiday cookies and treats that you make for Christmas. Please share your recipe!

I also Included a cookie game for fun!

cookiegrid

RISCOTTI                 BROWNIES                COOKIES

GINGERBREAD       LEMONBARS             LEMONBARS

MACAROONS          MERINGUES              PEANUTBUTTER

ROCKS                     SHORTBREAD          SNICKERDOODLES

SNOWBALLS           SUGARCOOKIES

Bailey Balls

1 (12 oz box) vanilla wafer cookies ... finely crushed

1 cup pecans ... finely chopped

1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream

3 tablespoons light corn syrup (I use Karo White Syrup)

1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa

3/4 cup powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar in a bowl and mix until well blended. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Allow to dry on wire rack for 1 hour. Roll in powdered sugar again. Store in airtight container between layers of wax paper. These are better if they sit for a day and re-rolled in powdered sugar before serving.

****Sometimes I will add just a tiny bit (not much) more cocoa for a more chocolately taste..But, make it to your taste***

@LilBitMissty,  Do you by any chance have another recipe for these? I pulled my recipe last night to add to grocery list and it has 2 tablespoons cocoa. You posted it in 2011. I want to make these and the orange balls posted by Ties, and one other kind yet to be decided. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Oh my goodness!  I love these (sometimes with coffee for breakfast!!!)!Smiley Happy

A yummy bar cookie with pecans!  What's not to love!

Butterscotch Bars

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Line a 9 x 13 inch casserole with aluminum foil which should go past the ends about 8 inches.  The extra will be handles to lift the cooled block of cookies to cut.

Grease or spray pan and aluminum extremely well.

4 Eggs

1  (16 oz) box light brown sugar

2    Cups Bisquick

2    Cups chopped pecans or walnut

1     6 oz  pkg. butterscotch morsels

1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat eggs with hand mixture until frothy.

Gradually beat in sugar until thick.

Stir in vanilla, biscuit mix, chopped nuts, and butterscotch morsels.

Spread into greased  9 x 13 in. pan.

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

Cool and cut.  Yield two dozen.

@ECBG   Oh boy, I am going to love these if I can stay out of the butterscotch morsel bag until I am ready to make them.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Heads up.  The top shatters when cut!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 

@ECBG  That's ok. I have been looking for a recipe and looking at the bag knowing I will love just digging in.Woman Wink( a few at a time) LOL

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 

@ECBG  That's ok. I have been looking for a recipe and looking at the bag knowing I will love just digging in.Woman Wink( a few at a time) LOL

@tiny 2 

You may remember from last year, line your pan with a very long piece of aluminum foil that is an extra 6 inches on each end.   Grease it well.  When cool, pull the entire piece up using the extra on the ends as handles.

Place on cutting board.  It will be really easy to cut.

I do everything this way, even fudge!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2    Hi dear. I just checked my files and this is the same recipe I posted back in 2012. Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@tiny 2    Hi dear. I just checked my files and this is the same recipe I posted back in 2012. Hope that helps.

Hi @LilBitMissty , I finally found it. It was in the Mach 2011 Recipe Exchange Game recap. I was copying the recipe right below it from littleflower9 for Almond Truffles and decided to copy that one too. The original March 2011 Recipe game is lost. Only one post. I believe that was during the time that the game would just disappear and we would have to ask for it to be returned. Thank Goodness you were doing the recaps.  I also made a separate folder that I called "Holiday Balls" and had transferred it to that folder. In any case it sounds like this most recent one is the one to use. (it has more Bailey's) Since I will not be able to join my family for Christmas, I am going to send some goodies. I plan on making some for the adults and some for the children plus some cookies too.

There are a lot of recipes on that game. I really enjoyed looking at it again. I had made the Coffee Cola Float by iamMrs G back then and I am going to make it in the very near future, like tomorrow.LOL

Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2 Hi again dear...I am so glad you found it!  I had looked for it, but the old post was gone. Sad.  I am wondering if you could post my other recipe for Bailey Balls. I would sure appreciate it. I miss looking at the old recipes, especially this time of year. I know what you mean about not being able to join family for the Holidays. it's so different. Anyhow, thanks so much for the update! I can't seem to find any of Ties recipes...except for the banana bread. Boy do I ever miss the old days!

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@tiny 2Hi again dear...I am so glad you found it!  I had looked for it, but the old post was gone. Sad.  I am wondering if you could post my other recipe for Bailey Balls. I would sure appreciate it. I miss looking at the old recipes, especially this time of year. I know what you mean about not being able to join family for the Holidays. it's so different. Anyhow, thanks so much for the update! I can't seem to find any of Ties recipes...except for the banana bread. Boy do I ever miss the old days!

@LilBitMissty   This is the link to the recap game and the recipes are all there.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/MARCH-2O11-RECIPE-EXCHANGE-GAME-RECAP/m-p/63037/highlight/true#...

Here is the recipe that I copied at that time

LilBitMiss­ty03/19/2011 at 10:52 PM5889 PostsRegistered 12/15/2009Washington State

Bailey's Irish Cream Balls

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup Bailey's irish cream

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

2 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed fine

1 c. chopped pecans

powdered sugar

Sift together cocoa and powdered sugar. Combine and stir bailey's irish cream with light corn syrup. Add and mix vanilla wafers and chopped pecans.
Roll ingredients together into balls.
Dip each ball into powdered sugar, or put them in a plastic bag and shake them in the powdered sugar.

Makes about 25

littleflow­er903/20/2011 at 1:19 AM260 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006

Almond Truffles

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1/4 c. sugar

1 (11 oz.) pkg. milk chocolate morsels

1/2 tsp. almond extract

1 c. finely chopped almonds (toasted)

In sauce pan, boil milk and sugar for 3 min. stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and almond extract, stirring until smooth. Cover mixture and refrigerate 45 min. Roll chilled mixture in little balls with hands and roll in almonds to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2   Thank you so much dear. I really appreciate it. Seeing that recap brings back memories, I still remember those posters, I hope they are doing well. LOL I even remember doing those recaps every month. Where has the time gone??  Sigh.  Anyhow...thanks again!