Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Cookies And Treats

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@tiny 2   Thank you so much dear. I really appreciate it. Seeing that recap brings back memories, I still remember those posters, I hope they are doing well. LOL I even remember doing those recaps every month. Where has the time gone??  Sigh.  Anyhow...thanks again!

@LilBitMissty I think most of the recaps that you posted survived. I wish the posters would all check back in so we could know how they are doing. I miss them. Thanks for doing all those recaps.Heart We would have lost so much if you had not. I am going to go back through and try to copy them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2   I would love to see all the old recaps. After I did the recaps I would save them to my computer..Sad thing is that computer bit the dust.  I remember teaching one poster how to save things to a flashdrive. Wish I would have saved the recaps. 

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@tiny 2   I would love to see all the old recaps. After I did the recaps I would save them to my computer..Sad thing is that computer bit the dust.  I remember teaching one poster how tosave things to a flashdrive. Wish I would have saved the recaps. 

@LilBitMissty  In the search bar, type in Recipe Exchange Game Recaps and they will come up for you.

Trusted Contributor

@tiny 2    Ahhh ok, will try that.  Thank you!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

CHERRY COOKIES

1 Cup Crisco

1 1/2 Cups sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon almond extract

2 Cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 Cup pecans...chopped

1 1/2 Cups coconut

1 1/2 Cups maraschino cherries...chopped

Preheat oven to 350*

Grease cookie sheets (I use parchment paper)

In a large bowl, using mixer, cream Crisco and sugar til well blended.

Add eggs and almond extract. 

Beat on low speed til light and fluffy. (about 2 minutes)

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. 

Beat on low speed til just blended.

Fold in pecans, coconut and cherries.

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

Bake 12 - 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.

Valued Contributor

This recipe was posted many years ago on here.

Just like Loft house Cookies

1 French vanilla cake mix

1/2 cup plus 3Tbsp. a p flour

3 LG. eggs

1/3 cup veg. oil

Icing

1/2cup unsalted butter soft.

1tsp. Vanilla extract

1/3cup shortening

3 Tbsp. milk

4 cups powdered sugar

To make cookies:

Combine ingredients with mixer. The dough will be stiff enough to roll into 1- inch balls

place 2-inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten balls to about 1/2- inch

thick. Bake cookies in a preheated 325* oven. for 12 to 14 min. or until some what firm

In center.Remove from oven & cool before frosting. Make icing by combining icing

Ingredients with mixer until smooth. Add food coloring  if desired. Spread on cookies with a spatula & add sprinkles. When icing has set store cookies in a tightly sealed 

plastic container. ( like LNL) This will give the cookies their cakey texture after several

hrs. Makes about 3 dz.

**You can use different flavors of cake mixes and different colors for the icing.**

I just use a wooden spoon to mix my cookies. And if the dough is sticky add some of the 

3 Tbsp. of flour a couple of tsp. at a time.And I use a glass dipped in flour to flatten cookies.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

A go to favorite is chocolate chip bars.  I use the recipe from the bag -- bake in 13x9 baking pan lined with parchment (for easy removal).

I then bake 22-26 minutes at 350.  Once baked

drizzle with chocolate - top with cut up pieces of reese's peanut butter cups (or fav candy bar).  Drizzle again with chocolate.

Allow to cool, cut in bars using serrated knife.

Another variation I've done:  While still hot put cut up Rolo candies on top - put back in oven to slightly melt (do not overcook cookie) once melted & gooey drizzle chocolate.

Easy and everyone likes them🍪

@homedecor1  When you said Rolo it reminded me of the treats I make with them between two Ritz crackers.

Valued Contributor

Thanks to O P Bookdr for the delicious fudge recipe.

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 1/4 cups white sugar

1/4 cup butter

5- ounce can evaporated milk

1cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) I prefer smooth

7 - ounce jar marshmallow cream

Mix first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over med. heat stir until mixture starts to boil.

(a rolling boil) then time for 6 min. Remove from heat and stir in p. butter and

marshmallow cream. Pour into a buttered 9X13- inch pan. 

**I use a metal bowl with p. butter and marshmallow cream already measured out

Then I just pour hot mixture in and stir, so much easier.**

Trusted Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Chocolate Fruit And Nut Clusters

1/2 Cup whole almonds

1 Cup Semi Sweet chocolate chips

1/2 Cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350*

In a baking pan, toast the almonds for about 12 minutes.

Stir a couple of times.

When almonds are toasted, put them in a bowl while they are still hot.

Add chocolate chips and stir till chocolate is melted (the heat from the almonds will melt the chocolate).

Stir in the raisins.

Drop the mixture by Tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper.

Chill for about 30 minutes, or until they are hardened.

This makes about 12 clusters.

Hello @LilBitMissty , what kind of raisins do you use?  Have you ever tried 60% Ghiradelli chocolate chips?  Thanks much, sound very good!  I llke that the almonds are toasted, good flavor

Trusted Contributor

@AnnMarie-1  I use sun maid raisins (the black ones). All I have made it with is the nestles chocolate chips. Yes, I agree toasting the almonds makes it much better!  Smiley Happy