Esteemed Contributor

Hey Ma! . . .What's for supper?

Are you cooking tonight, or are you re-heating and making sandwiches to move your holiday leftovers out of the fridge?

@cherry started a thread elsewhere about protein intake, and I've been really hungry for protein since then.

Talk about the power of suggestion. LOL!

Looking for something satisfying, but easy, I just grilled salmon (from frozen) in the NuWave oven.

The salmon steak was about 1 inch thick. I grilled for 12 minutes on each side. I like it a little crispy on the outside.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hey Ma! . . .What's for supper?

I wish there were leftovers in the fridge.  The turkey with all the trimmings was good, but I didn't get to take home any leftovers.  I probably make a grilled cheese.  Salmon sounds good.  I got a package last time I was in Costco.

Honored Contributor

Leftover Corkey's smoked turkey breast on some crusty rolls, and cheese and crackers, a real pickup meal. By the way the Corkey's turkey was delicious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I had dinner and tree Saturday with 1 son and his family and Christmas day with the other son and his family.  As always each house sent me home with leftovers.  I have food to warm up for the next several days or freeze for later.  Everyone takes dishes and we all share in the leftovers.  Great for everyone as they all work and were able to relax and enjoy their holiday.  Tomorrow they all go back to work.  All except us grandparents. It was a great holiday for us all.

Trusted Contributor

Sent hubby out for a Guinevere's Garden Delight veggie pizza. It was delicious!

Valued Contributor

We had our favorite "last resort dinner", a doctored-up frozen Red Baron pizza, hit the spot with the last of pecan pie..still have some ham & smoked turkey breast, needed a break! 

Honored Contributor

We will be eating left overs all week, I always buy and make too much food.

Esteemed Contributor

We fried a turkey breast and have a little bit left over, so I heated turkey slices in gravy, baked a sweet potato, and sauteed spinach with garlic and shallots.  It looks like one more night of turkey and then I am done for the year.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge It is our family's tradition every Christmas Eve to have chili and a hot cider drink, so that is what we had for dinner tonight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am no one's "Ma," but, to answer the question, we Gs had salads, filet mignons with a brandied cream sauce, baked potatoes, and cabernet sauvignon for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow's fare will be the leftovers from Christmas dinner, i.e., Crown Roast of Pork with Apple Stuffing, glazed carrots and caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pecans.  There may still even be some Gingerbread Lemon Curd Trifle with Blackberry Sauce left for dessert. 

Edited to repair spacing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.