Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@ECBG 

1. This looks really good! Did you add any liquid to the pan or does it make it's own? How big is this roast? Also, is the meat well done after cooking this way? We don't like it pink. I was thinking of making Chicken Marsala for company on Sunday  but this looks so much easier! And I love pork!😋

@Starpolisher Baking is dry heat.  Pork is always cooked until done. You won't get a lot of moisture off of this roast.  I used two pork loins tied together.  I do this roast for New Year's Day with fresh collards, kahlua candied yams, black eyed peas, and corn bread.

I always sprinkle with a little water when microwaving leftovers.

@ECBG 

Thank you and Yum!😋

I make almost the same menu as you for New Year's Day. Pork roast, fresh collards, black eyed peas and cornbread. Only I make rice and stewed tomatoes with it. I'd love to have your recipe for the kahlua yams when you have time to post and if you don't mind sharing. And, Happy New Year!🎉

@Starpolisher My pleasure.

Kahlua Candied Yams

4 medium sweet potatoes

½ cup dark brown sugar

1 stick butter

1 cup kahlua

Wash and boil 4 medium sweet potatoes only until fork tender.

In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick butter, ½ cup dark brown sugar, and add 1 cup kahlua.

Simmer 10 minutes.

Peel hot potatoes and drop about ¾ inch round slices into syrup.

Cover with syrup and simmer 10-15 minutes.

(I use 1/2 sweet potato per person, and buy two extra.  I adjust the syrup using less butter.

Reheats in microwave very well.

Respected Contributor

• @ECBG wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@ECBG 

1. This looks really good! Did you add any liquid to the pan or does it make it's own? How big is this roast? Also, is the meat well done after cooking this way? We don't like it pink. I was thinking of making Chicken Marsala for company on Sunday  but this looks so much easier! And I love pork!😋

@Starpolisher Baking is dry heat.  Pork is always cooked until done. You won't get a lot of moisture off of this roast.  I used two pork loins tied together.  I do this roast for New Year's Day with fresh collards, kahlua candied yams, black eyed peas, and corn bread.

I always sprinkle with a little water when microwaving leftovers.

@ECBG 

Thank you and Yum!😋

I make almost the same menu as you for New Year's Day. Pork roast, fresh collards, black eyed peas and cornbread. Only I make rice and stewed tomatoes with it. I'd love to have your recipe for the kahlua yams when you have time to post and if you don't mind sharing. And, Happy New Year!🎉

@Starpolisher My pleasure.

Kahlua Candied Yams

4 medium sweet potatoes

½ cup dark brown sugar

1 stick butter

1 cup kahlua

Wash and boil 4 medium sweet potatoes only until fork tender.

In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick butter, ½ cup dark brown sugar, and add 1 cup kahlua.

Simmer 10 minutes.

Peel hot potatoes and drop about ¾ inch round slices into syrup.

Cover with syrup and simmer 10-15 minutes.

(I use 1/2 sweet potato per person, and buy two extra.  I adjust the syrup using less butter.

Reheats in microwave very well.

@ECBG 

Yummy! 😋Thank you!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

Doing the herbed pork roast again with fresh collards, kahlua candied yams, black eyed peas, and chocolate cream pie.