Valued Contributor

Help with Andes candy recipe, please

I'm sure I read this idea on the site, but I can't find it now.  I think they said these tasted like Girl Scout Thin Mints.....I think they used Andes candies melted and then they dipped Ritz crackers.  Not sure who posted it.  Can anyone guide me where this was posted  or help me out with the correct ingredients?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Andes candy recipe, please

@lolakimono 

Thank you for taking time to try and help with my request.  I have already searched the forums prior to posting and these were not the recipes I was looking for.....it was a brief mention by someone.  I THINK they used Ritz crackers.  If no one responds, I'll have to try it the way I recall and see what happens.  Wish me luck!

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan

Are you sure the most recent post I listed isn't what you were looking for?

Here is what @LilBitMissty wrote-

Hi Friends!!

It is good  to "see" you! I know I haven't been on much in awhile, but know have missed you!

About this post.....

Now is the time the Girl Scouts are out selling cookies. I don't know about you, but my FAVORITE one they sell are the mintcookies. The sad thing is they don't sell them year round!!

Well....I know many of you have heard or even make them...but if not, here ya go!

These believe it or not actually taste like the real-deal (GS mintcookies) . The nice part is they are soooo easy to make and only use 2 ingredients!  I add this "cookie" to my Christmas cookieplatter, and they are fast to go!!  I used to be involved in alot of bake sales.  And one thing they always requested was the following recipe....ummmmm  let me re-phrase that!!   I was TOLD to make them!!!   LOL...Here ya go...

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Melt 1 box of Andres Mints in a double boiler.

Dip 1 sleeve (1 cracker at a time) of ORIGINAL flavor  Ritz crackers into the melted chocolate. Be sure to coat both sides.  I use tongs as it is less messy.

Put cookie on parchment paper

Let harden.   You can also put them in the freezer for 10 minutes  to harden faster.

2 ingredients

easy to make

tastes almost like the real thing

Lol dosen't get better than that!!

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono   

THIS IS IT!   Thank you so much.  I wasn't able to open your 3rd posted link for some reason and it was this posting.  Your an angel....thanks for being a "poster friend"!!

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono   Sorry for my typing error....that should have been "you're an angel"