Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help! Head of Cauliflower

@RespectLife I had never even heard of Polenta until yesterday, sending good vibes, I will have my ears tuned in for a potential scream, carry on, we must persevere for our DH's health!

Good Luck Vibes.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently followed a friend's recipe -- steamed the whole head whole till tender - about 10 min.  Then make a mixture of mayo, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and whatever spices you like to taste.  Spread over the entire cauliflower and roast at 400 until golden and bubbly.  It is really delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I recently followed a friend's recipe -- steamed the whole head whole till tender - about 10 min.  Then make a mixture of mayo, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and whatever spices you like to taste.  Speak over the the entire cauliflower and roast at 400 until golden and bubbly.  It is really delicious!

@NJgirl 1205

We know what you meant! But sometimes I have to speak over my concoctions, hoping that they turn out well!

Smiley Happy

btw: That sounds delicious! TY!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife

Thank you for all those recipes!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa,  This is a casserole with califlower that my neighbor and friend gave me years ago.

350 degree oven

2 qt casserole

10 oz. cooked califlower fresh or frozen (I like the fresh) on the firmer side but tender

1 can 15-1/2 drained green beans (or cooked fresh ones)

1/2 c. chopped onion

1/2 c. chopped celery

1/2 t. Lawry's seasoned salt

2 cans cream of mushroom soup - Campbell's

1 cup Pepperridge Farm Seasoned Poultry stuffing mix

1/4 c butter

1/2 to 3/4 shredded cheddar cheese or colby cheese (depending on how much you like cheese)

Mix califlower, green beans, celery, seasoned salt & soups & stuffing mix.  Turn into casserole and dot with butter - bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.  Sprinkle with cheese and return and bake 8 minutes.

Serve at once.  This is truly tasty.  It's special around Thanksgiving but serve any time.

Kat  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I recently followed a friend's recipe -- steamed the whole head whole till tender - about 10 min.  Then make a mixture of mayo, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and whatever spices you like to taste.  Speak over the the entire cauliflower and roast at 400 until golden and bubbly.  It is really delicious!

@NJgirl 1205

We know what you meant! But sometimes I have to speak over my concoctions, hoping that they turn out well!

Smiley Happy

btw: That sounds delicious! TY!!

LOL, I got a good laugh!  ( I will edit so that there is no confusion:-)))

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

Another winner! Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Preheat oven 475

Cut and discard cauliflower core, cut the head into small florets.

Place cauliflower on sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in single even layer. Roast 18 - 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from oven and top with 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar. Stir to combine.

We had it Thursday night - a Blue Apron recipe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears wrote:

@RespectLife:

Loaded Cauliflower

1 Large Head Of Cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces (appox. 6 cups)

6-8 Strips Of Bacon Cooked And Crumbled (we like it crispy without being burned)

6 Tablespoons Chopped Chives, Divided

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

1/2 Cup Sour Cream

2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese (may use Cheddar) Divided

8 Ounce Container Sliced Mushrooms (Optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large pot of boiling water cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, drain and let cool.

In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayo, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3 tablesooons of chives, 1 cup of cheese, mushrooms and cauliflower and mix well... place in baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the bacon crumbles.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted, top with remaining 3 tablespoons of chives and serve.

@CareBears,I have a recipe similar to this that is done in the microwave.  It's amazing!  Mine is cream of mushroom soup, a cup of mayonaise, cheddar cheese.  Everyone swoons.  Can't wait to use this one!

@CareBears, Neglected to add a teaspoon of curry added to the soup and mayo mixture.

Contributor

I have done the "ricing" with a cheese grater before.  It works but takes some time and is messy.  Then I found packages of organic riced cauliflower at Trader Joes for $1.99.  WELL worth the price.  I use it a lot.  It has little taste on its own but works great as a rice sub in recipes or just sauteed with a little butter or olive oil with salt and pepper.