Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help! Head of Cauliflower

I have heard of "ricing" cauliflower but have never done it myself.  I guess whatever you season it with will change the blandness fo the cauliflower.

Honored Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

I have heard of "ricing" cauliflower but have never done it myself.  I guess whatever you season it with will change the blandness fo the cauliflower.

I've heard this too, as a healthier alternative to rice or pasta.

I haven't tried it myself.

@Harpa

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

TY for everyone's reply! I knew you guys would give me your tried & true!

I did roast it w/ the bread crumbs & parm. It's all mine for supper later.

That recipe for roasting whole also seems good! TY, @Yardlie

Yes, I can just see my DH's expression if ever I rice cauliflower instead of his pasta on Sundays! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa I have a Cauliflower recipe that I have made a few times over the years, now granted it is definitely not low calorie but it is delicious, and I have received rave reviews anytime I have served it or shared the recipe and they have made it for their families.

It is a cauliflower casserole with bacon, sour cream, cheese etc. etc. etc., I would be happy to dig it out for you if you would like, and FYI it heats up beautifully if you enjoy leftover's!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears

I would love to see your recipe when you have time!  No rush.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife:

Loaded Cauliflower

1 Large Head Of Cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces (appox. 6 cups)

6-8 Strips Of Bacon Cooked And Crumbled (we like it crispy without being burned)

6 Tablespoons Chopped Chives, Divided

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

1/2 Cup Sour Cream

2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese (may use Cheddar) Divided

8 Ounce Container Sliced Mushrooms (Optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large pot of boiling water cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, drain and let cool.

In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayo, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3 tablesooons of chives, 1 cup of cheese, mushrooms and cauliflower and mix well... place in baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the bacon crumbles.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted, top with remaining 3 tablespoons of chives and serve.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @CareBears!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears

Thank you!

Sounds so good!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife When I came up with the recipe I actually combined a couple of them and was reading the ingredients off to my husband and he gave me that "No Way LooK', he is a meat & potatoes man and this contained no meat how dare I insult him by serving him a vegetable dish, my DH lives for bacon so I added it on the off chance, and now HE requests this dish, LOL!

Valued Contributor

We either roast it in the oven or steam it in the microwave. When it's steamed in the microwave, the BF puts nacho cheese sauce over it. I think he buys the Tostitos brand in the snack isle. 

Recently saw a slow cooker recipe for cooking the entire head of cauliflower with some seasonings.