Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have any easy recipes? All I was going to do was steam it, but that seems so bland.

What seasonings or other fixings go w/ cauliflower?

TIA!

Contributor

Re: Help! Head of Cauliflower

Cut up, put in a baggie  and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and bake in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes, yum.....

Honored Contributor

You can boil it and mash it and add the fixings you would to mashed potatoes or you can pull it  apart to flowerettes and bake it with oil and garlic or you can slice it like steaks and grill it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Roast it!  It's delicious!  I toss the florets in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast it in a 375 oven.  When it's about 3/4 of the way done, I sprinkle it with bread crumbs  and grated Parmesan cheese until they turn golden.  You can serve it as a side dish or add it to penne pasta.

I also use a recipe from Lidia Bastianich -- roast the cauliflower florets with sliced red onions, olive oil, salt, pepper and add to penne pasta.

Trusted Contributor

Roasted cauliflower is the best.

Just break up the cauliflower in small florets and toss with about a tablespoon of olive oil, sliced red onions, salt, pepper.  Roast both veggies in the oven at 400 degrees until tender.

So good - you'll never eat it boiled again  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I do what moejoe does.  Tastes great!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa

In the April Recipe Game, @GenXmuse shared the most delicious recipe for Roasted Cauliflower in a mushroom sauce.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/APRIL-2017-RECIPE-EXCHANGE-GAME/td-p/3653592/page/6

I made it over the weekend and it was delicious!  The recipe calls for roasting the full head.  I didn't have a full head, so I roasted just the flowerettes cut and used the mushroom sauce on top.  FANTASTIC!

Otherwise, I am with the girls that suggested roasting.  I coat the flowerettes in Wegman's basting oil and spice them with S & P, garlic etc.

Trusted Contributor

I roast it. I cut it in florets add olive oil, salt pepper, garlic powder and roast it at 425 till it's brown. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

One of my favorite non-recipe ways to prepare cauliflower is to steam it al dente, drain it, and spread it into a baking dish.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and slide the dish under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is the color you like.

For me, this is a WW recipe, so I don't add butter or any other fat but I'm sure dotting it with butter would be delish.

Also, while that head of cauliflower is fresh and crisp, I always take a flowerette or two and slice them into my tossed salad.

Respected Contributor

Roast it whole! It is absolutely beautiful and very impressive. There are many recipes out there. It is not difficult. Mine came out perfect the first time I tried it. Feel free to play with the spices, so that you get the perfect taste for your family. Here is a recipe to start with: http://thehealthyfoodie.com/oven-baked-whole-roasted-cauliflower/

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli