Honored Contributor

Re: Hello to all our QVC Pals......What are you cooking today?

@adoreqvc tee hee about the White Castles and thank you for your kind words . . . I always have a few tucked away in the freezer as I have at times odd eating habits and those come in handy.

I made that chicken (well for me just a bone in chicken breast) and also mashed potatoes and a roasted sweet potato.  This weekend I am planning on cooking a very small pork roast (about 2-2.5 pounds) and taking yet another run at my mom's potato salad.  I was thinking pressure cooker for the pork roast but if anyone on this thread has any ideas or tips I am all ears (please know I have a Breville toaster oven if that makes a difference).

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

That meal must have been delicious AuntgSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Hey mtc,

Nice to know you love White Castles tooSmiley Happy.

mtc below is one of my favorite Pressure Cooked Roast pork with Mushroom Gravy Recipes, and it is also low carb...

Pressure Cooked Roast pork with Mushroom Gravy 

Ingredients:

2  to 3pound pork roast preferably a fatty cut
1  teaspoon sea salt (real salt)
1/2   teaspoon black pepper
4   cups chopped cauliflower
1   medium onion, chopped
4   cloves garlic
2   ribs celery
8   ounces portabella mushroomssliced
2   tablespoons organic coconut oilor ghee
2   cups filtered water

Directions:

In the bottom of your pressure cooker, place cauliflower, onion, garlic, celery and water. Top with pork roast and season with sea salt & pepper.

Cook under pressure for 90 minutes if your roast is frozen, 60 minutes if completely thawed. Quick depressurize following manufactures directions.

Carefully remove pork roast from the pressure cooker and place in an oven proof dish.

Bake at 400 degrees while preparing the gravy, this helps to render the fat and crisp up the edges of the pork to be more like as if it was slow roasted.

Transfer cooked vegetables and broth to your blender and blend until smooth, set aside.

In your (dirty) pressure cooker (on the saute function) cook mushrooms in coconut oil until soft, roughly 3-5 minutes.

Add blended vegetables and continue to cook on the saute function until it is thickened as desired.

Serve mushroom gravy over shredded pork.

Enjoy my dear friendSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc

I'm back from New England and stopped here first on my way to Potsticker Soup....your post to me brought tears of friendship to my eyes!  You are so sweet.

We only made it to Southern VT, Southern NH and Western MA.  Never did quite hit the 'coast' for lobsta rolls!  I wish we would have made it further in to Portsmouth, NH, and York, Maine area!  That's where we always get the best lobster rolls!  Next trip!

I think I may have missed something...

"That recipe is so addictive, especially with lime marinated broiled fish topped with crunchy buttered bread crumbs, and filled inside with fresh crab meat.

Now that is how I usually serve that recipe, and the fish is so scruptious with the mashed sweet potatoes with the Tequilla Key Lime. "

I missed the fish recipe!!  Would you be able to point me to the post that had it?  I always have Baramundi Sea Bass in the freezer and " lime marinated broiled fish topped with crunchy buttered bread crumbs, and filled inside with fresh crab meat."  sounds SO fantastic...I can taste it now!

No rush...but when you have the time, I would appreciate knowing how you make that fish!

HUGS!!!

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc thank you so much for the pork and mushroom gravy recipe!  I still have at least two more little pork roasts in the freezer so I will try this next.  Over the weekend I made a simple pork roast (browned it in the PC and then added Jumex Pineapple Nectar as the liquid and tossed in some dried shallots).  The pork was the best I ever made (so incredibly moist) so I am very interested in making your recipe . . . . thank you my friend!

Respected Contributor

mtc can you please post my lime marinated broiled fish topped with crunchy buttered bread crumbs, and filled inside with fresh crab meat  recipe, which I already posted on the QVC Community BB's a while ago, so Respectlife reads it. It was requested by herSmiley Happy.

Sorry we are on our way out for about 1 week, and I am already late to meet up with relatives regarding a Special Memorial Service for Phillips Parents, and others relatives and friends who did not attend their funerals.

thank you so much mtc, and I hope Respect life also enjoys it.

P.S So glad you had a nice safe trip, and hoping your next trip will include enjoying a lot of "Lobsta Rolls"Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc and @RespectLife I am afraid I can't find this recipe (as it's seafood I wouldn't have it in my files unfortunately).  I did every search I could think of but came up empty each time.

Sorry ladies . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc

Have a lovely time!!!!!!!

@adoreqvc

@momtochloe

Thanks anyways for looking for the fish recipe!!!

Occasional Visitor

Hi !! I'm sassie sandy !I have a 10qt. Electric CE pressure cooker.

I really need a recipe for hard boiled eggs, I'm doing three dozen ! 

HELP !!  Thank you very much !!!!    Sassie

Honored Contributor

@Sassiesandy wrote:

Hi !! I'm sassie sandy !I have a 10qt. Electric CE pressure cooker.

I really need a recipe for hard boiled eggs, I'm doing three dozen ! 

HELP !!  Thank you very much !!!!    Sassie

Hi @Sassiesandy and welcome to our boards, we are happy you have joined us!

Listed below is a link to Hip Pressure Cooking which is a great resource for all things PC whether it's electric or a stovetop version.  There is lots of information about how to properly cook hard boiled eggs and I hope it is helpful for you:

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/cracked-soft-medium-and-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-pressure-cooker/