Respected Contributor

Hello to all our QVC Pals......What are you cooking today?

[ Edited ]

Hello to all our QVC Pals......Now I feel I can post again on QVC, and we have missed you!

Of course the grief remains, since this will be a very long grief journey for my Phillip and myself, losing both his parents under those horrific circumstances is a very heavy burden to carry, but life moves on, and that is something we all must do.

Many thanks again for your kind condolence messages, and wonderful warm heated compassionate well wishes.

"They were/are so greatly appreciated by us both".

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now getting back to recipes, and food,....

What is on your food agenda for today?

I will be making skillet pork chops smothered in fresh mushroom sauce, and served over hot freshly made garlic mashed, with home canned green beans from my pantry storage.

For dessert I will open up a home canned jar of my quart size strawberry pie filling from my canned storage pantry and make a 9x9 pan of Strawberry Cobbler, topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. (These are Phillip's favorites, so it warms my heart to cook, bake, and serve them to him).

I have many recipes for Pork Chops & Mushroom Sauce/Gravy, etc.,  but this is one of the favorites I come back to often, and I hope you all try it and also like it.

Pork Chops smothered in fresh Mushroom Sauce...

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 pork chops
  • salt and pepper
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour and 3 tablespoons, divided
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 2 lbs sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 small red onion, very finely diced
  • 5 (or more) dashes of Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 small sprig rosemary or 1 teaspoons of dried rosemary
  • 1 1/2 cups home made canned bone or beef broth, or store bought if need be.
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream
  •  fresh parsley or Greek dried mint for garnishing 
Directions:
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of all the pork chops. Combine 3/4 cup of flour with more salt and pepper in a wide shallow dish. Dredge each pork chop into the flour mixture on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
  • Preheat a large skillet with oil and 1 tablespoon butter on medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, place each pork chop in the skillet and brown each side until golden brown. (May take about 3-5 minutes on each side, depending upon how thick your chops are or how hot your pan is.) Then place them on the plate off to the side.
  • Put the heated skillet back on medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of butter. {Do not wipe out the pan.} Saute mushrooms and onions with the dashes of Worcestershire sauce and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary with 3 tablespoons of flour and give it a stir.
  • Pour beef broth over the mushroom mixture and stir. It will begin to slightly thicken while simmering for 5 minutes. Gently add in the Greek yogurt or sour cream until  it has warmed well and is combined. (Do not allow to boil, or it will curdle).
  • Set the cooked pork chops in the sauce and simmer for 3 more minutes and serve.

Note:

There will be plenty mushroom sauce to serve over your porch chops & hot garlic mashed potatoes, and the home canned green beans I boil for 15 minutes before serving.

My Phillip really loves this pork chop with mushroom sauce recipe, and many times Company also requests it.

When serving to company I double and tripe the recipe.   

Enjoy, and have a lovely safe day!

P.S. Sending a special shout out to mustang, mtc, respectlife, noel7, big sister, and the rest of the gangSmiley Happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello to all our QVC Pals......What are you cooking today?

Great to see you posting again, I have always loved your recipes. This one sounds amazing. I am making pork and sauerkraut in my crock pot today with of course mashed potatoes. 

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc

I'm so pleased to see you post, dear friend!  I know your journey is difficult but you have such a blessed faith that will see you through.  Day by day, right?

As I was reading your post and drooling already....I was SO hoping you were going to post the recipe and there it was!  I just LOVE fresh mushrooms in a sauce over anything!  Thank you for sharing such wonderful recipes!

We are going to New England this weekend so I am not cooking this week but finishing up last weekend's leftovers...one of which were your Mashed Sweet Potatoes w/ the Teq./Key Lime etc. that @mtc raved over...and of course, she was right!  Just delicious!

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back, you have been missed! 

Hope life treats you kindly!

Honored Contributor

Hi @adoreqvc, it's so nice to see you posting your yummy food again . . . Smiley Happy

Today's cuisine du jour are unfortunately White Castle hamburgers (and to add insult to injury they are of the frozen variety) and leftover fries I had in the fridge but tomorrow I am making a recipe that @VaBelle35 posted which is delicious:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/buttery-roast-chicken#recipe-ingredients

I have leftover Apple Crown Royal and brown sugar glazed carrots and will mash a potato if I get to the store tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Nice to read your kind reply digo, and I am so honored that you love my recipesSmiley Happy. Thank you!!!

Your pork and kraut recipe made my mouth water.

I will have to make that very soon, because it is filling and so darn delicious.

I hope you like this recipe I posted and try it soon. It is a real favorite and highly requested.

Have a lovely safe day my friend, and digo, again many thanks!

Respected Contributor

Respectlife, my dear kind gracious compassionate friend.

Your reply humbled me very much, and yes it is our very strong faith which gives us the will to move on.

I thank you for your kind words and compassionate nature. Respectlife, and you have also had your share too, but we all persevere, and have faith that the sun will again shine in God's blue sky, and we have that faith because of kind caring compassionate dear treasured friends like you Respectlife, an dso many more here on the QVC Community Forums.

My friend you will  really love this recipe when you have a chance to try it, and I pray you have a wonderful safe fun filled trip to New England, and ya gotta eat lots of lobsta and chowdaSmiley Happy.

Those Lobster Rolls are so darn addictive as is fresh whole Lobster with hot melted butter. So what if it is messy, that's half the fun of eating your way through the New England country side.  Eat & enjoy is my motto.

I am so glad you really enjoy my mashed sweet potatoes, with the Tequilla Key Lime.

That recipe is so addictive, especially with lime marinated broiled fish topped with crunchy buttered bread crumbs, and filled inside with fresh crab meat.

Now that is how I usually serve that recipe, and the fish is so scruptious with the mashed sweet potatoes with the Tequilla Key Lime. 

I am so happy to hear mtc and you enjoy it as much as we do.

God Bless and keep you safe, dear sweet friend, enjoy New England and all it has to offer this time of year, and will catch ya when you come safely back.

P.S. Please eat a couple lobsta rolls for me Respectlife.

Oh I wish I had them nowSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many thanks Zhills for your compassionate kind reply.

I missed you and all our QVC Pals, and it sure is nice to be posting again, even if it is sparadic posting for now.

Let's hope life treats us all kindly from now on Zhills......"Lord knows we all need some kindness, and happy memories to savor".

Take care dear friend and be well, and please keep those recipes comingSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Hey mtc,

It is so nice to post again and see you and our QVC Pals. Have missed you all very much, and Phillips sends his warm regards too.

mtc I love White Castle's frozen or fresh.

"When I went to school we always ate lunch at White Castle's, and many times we took food to go, and also had dinners".

They are so delicious anytime!

I love the cheese with jalepeno's and the regular cheeseburgers, and their  sides, and their drinks were also always so delicious.

Hey many love White Castle foods, so you have plenty company dear friend!!!

Thanks for posting the link for the roast chicken.....We love chicken roasted, broasted, fried, and of course chicken nuggets, and chicken picatta with mushroom sauce......Chicken any way is always a treat!  

Enjoy the meal my friend....

Post some of your great links when you have the chance mtc,as I always love them tooSmiley Happy.

Take care and hope you have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

Tonight we will have pasta with vodka sauce and some crusty bread.  Would like to have some steaks on the grill later this weekend.