Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello my dear friends........I have missed you so.....

On 3/16/2015 forrestwolf said:

I so thank you all, and sorry to post here.....BUT to me, you are family......{#emotions_dlg.wub} I hope that when I go back, the tumors and not the "C", but that will come on another day.......{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

nothing to be sorry about! We feel family about you.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that your life is so stressful right now. I've noticed that when posters are missing, people do inquire about them, so in a sense, we are all family and try to keep an eye out for our friends.

Honored Contributor

Oh forrest{#emotions_dlg.crying}

get better soo. Sorry about your Dad. I know how you feel a bit, my Mom is 94 and is the same way, only she lives an hour a way. She is stubborn too, a constant worry. I can only imagine worrying about your Dad, and trying to heal is counter productive, if you know what I mean!

Anyway, we are here for you, feel better soon!

Honored Contributor

Forrest, May God hold you in the palm of his hand as you walk through this journey. Know that many people care about you. Keep in touch as your posts are always welcomed.
Super Contributor

{{{HUGS}}} forrestwolf, your siggyline ...

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack".

I can relate to some of the issues with your Dad. Try and stay positive. I know it's difficult.

Best wishes to you.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear of your illness and your dad's challenges....we have all missed your wonderful recipes! I will pray for you and your dad.....that you find peace and strength so your healing can be swift and complete.....and that He shows you how to deal with your dad....have been in that situation and I know how hard it is. God knows your difficulties better than any of us and He can help!
Honored Contributor

forrestwolf....I am so sorry to hear about this, but thank you for taking time to post here. Although most of us never meet in person, we form a bond here with regular posters that we connect with...we do become friends and care when there are problems. I have always enjoyed your posts/recipes and, especially starting each monthly recipe thread. I hope you will feel better, beat the C and continue to join us whenever you can.
Honored Contributor

forrestwolf, how I commiserate with you. I am sorry for your diagnosis and the added worry of your father's health.

My prayer is that you receive the strength you will need to go on; somehow, with Grace, we do. We don't know how or why, but we just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

One of my most treasured books of encouragement is Kent Nerburn's Simple Truths. Some of what he wrote about tragedy and suffering appears below:

“The human being is a surprisingly resilient organism. We are impelled toward health not sickness. Your spirit, as surely as your body, will try to heal....So you should not fear tragedy and suffering. Like love, they make you more a part of the human family. From them can come your greatest creativity. They are the fire that burns you pure.”

? Kent Nerburn, Simple Truths: Clear and Simple Guidance on the Big Issues in Life is Kent Nerburn's Simple Truths. Not many pages but a wealth of wisdom.

Respected Contributor

Hugs and prayers to you during this difficult time. Be kind to yourself, rest as needed so that you can heal. Be patient with your dad, he may be having a hard time coping with his health while worrying about you. He may be scared, frustrated, or/and depressed and it coming out in ways he does not intend. You and your father are in my prayers.
Esteemed Contributor

forrestwolf, it was good to see your name pop up and thank you for reaching out. It is obvious people on the Q forum care about you. As another poster shared, be kind to yourself. Saying a prayer for good things in your life.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau