Valued Contributor

Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado

Healthy Mini Pepper Nachos
(recipe source adapted from: closetcooking.com)

Our local Sam's Club always has this darling bag of little colorful peppers and I never quite knew what to do with them until I stumbled across this recipe. These are truly amazing! I was skeptical at first but all the flavors really work well and those little peppers give you that 'crunch' you need from tortilla chips. I've made them with and without meat. Super good either way. Also, the original recipe called for corn, but since I typically don't use corn when I make my nachos I omitted it.

1/2 pound extra lean ground turkey, cooked with your choice of taco seasonings (to your taste)
2/3 cup black beans
2/3 cup pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound mini peppers, halved and seeded
1 cup mexican shredded cheese
1/4 cup green onions or cilantro (optional)
jalapenos (optional)
sour cream
1 medium avocado, diced

Preheat oven to 400. Brown the ground turkey with seasonings until fully cooked. Meanwhile, arrange the peppers on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet and fill with the seasoned meat. Next mix together the black beans, jalapenos (if using) green onions, salsa or pico and spread on top of the stuffed peppers. Layering like nachos. Next sprinkle the cheese on top, and broil until the cheese has melted, about 3-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro, avocado and sour cream.

Respected Contributor

Re: Healthy Mini Pepper Nachos

Those look so yummy.

Honored Contributor

I get the peppers from Costo, and stuff them with fresh parmesan, marinate in a vinaigrette, and bake until the cheese is melted, serving with french bread and a salad or not.

Valued Contributor

We love these little peppers (my favorite is to use them in a shrimp taco with a chipotle/green chili sauce). I can see this recipe being a big hit in our house, Thanks for posting!

Valued Contributor

Hi JYWilliams! Yes, they are really good!

Hi mousiegirl! What a great recipe idea, thank you!

Hi mewsmomtoo! You are very welcome! I love the shrimp taco idea. Sounds delicious!!

Have a great evening,

Trusted Contributor

Those look so good and I just love those little peppers. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Hiya debcakes! You're welcome! I was so surprised at how tasty they really were. My hubby and kids devoured them!! lol

Honored Contributor

This sounds and looks wonderful. Yum, I have seen those bags of little peppers too. Thank you.
Valued Contributor

Hi Tissyanne.... I hope if you try this you'll love it. I always walked by those little cuties too and now I throw a bag or two into my cart every time. Plus a couple ladies (above) shared some good ideas too!

Have a lovely evening,

Honored Contributor

Hi LoLa, I will be buying the ingredients to make this tomorrow. I have already put the recipe for this, plus the cucumber salsa in my purse. You made my day! I have been needing some low calorie, carb ideas.