Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have a recipe for some kind of Hawaiian tasting chicken? I have looked up some on Google and they seem okay. Just wondering if any of you great cooks have one good one in particular that you rely on.

I don't know how to do a search here in recipes. I don't know? Maybe someone can teach me how to do that too so I can be self sufficient and not bother anyone. @Kachina624  you are really good at helping out and teaching.  Can you show me please?

I will be using skinless chicken thights with bone in and want an oven technique. Thank you in advance.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Hawaiian chicken?

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop 

Search for "Grilled Huli Huli Chicken".  The Taste of Home Recipe website has a good one.

Edited to add:  you can bake this in the oven.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop   I've never used QVC's recipes except the ones occasional users post.  I like Allrecipes website a lot.  Go there and enter Hawaiian Chicken.  I see one I'd like to try. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife  Thank you so much!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Thank you. I didn't even know there was a site called "Allrecipes". Smiley LOL. So many choices for Hawaiian chicken. Between you and @SurferWife  I feel confident that I can do this. Have a luau/bbq coming up this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

I don't know how to do a search here in recipes. I don't know? Maybe someone can teach me how to do that too so I can be self sufficient and not bother anyone. @Kachina624  you are really good at helping out and teaching.  Can you show me please?

I will be using skinless chicken thights with bone in and want an oven technique. Thank you in advance.Smiley Happy

@Queen of shop 

Here is a recipe that Mary Beth Roe posted for Hawaiian Chicken:

Hawaiian Chicken Recipe - Mary Beth's Menu
by  on ‎09-29-2014 11:18 AMM

6-8 pieces of chicken (thighs or breasts)

Jar of apricot jam

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

8oz. bottle Russian salad dressing

Place the chicken pieces in a 9 X 13 baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix the jam, onion soup mix, and the salad dressing together and pour over the chicken. Bake one hour at 350 degrees. Serve over rice or noodles.

Another option: Cut the boneless, skinless chicken pieces into large bite-sized pieces and place in a slow cooker. Cover the chicken pieces with the mixture and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Another option: Cut the boneless, skinless chicken pieces into large bite-sized pieces and place in a slow cooker. Cover the chicken pieces with the mixture and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

To look at some of the other Hawaiian Chicken recipes that have been posted here in the Recipe Forum, look near the top of this page to your right for the Search box.  Dtill looking rigjt, it is above the title of your post (Hawaiian chicken).  Once you locate this search box which indicates, "Search Forum & Blogs," just type in whatever info you seek, ie, Hawaiian Chicken and hit GO or the button on your device that denotes 'Enter'.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@vabreeze  Thank you so much for teaching me the search. So simple but I never used it. lol.Woman LOLHeart

Mary Beth's recipe sounds interesting. Those are ingredients that I never thought of together. I'm liking the crock pot angle too. Another option that never crossed my mind.

Honored Contributor

Did you look up Allrecipes?

Super Contributor

I have 2 recipes for Hawaiian Chicken. The ingredients are very similair but I have fixed both when I had company & they have requested I have it again & again.

CHICKEN WITH PINEAPPLE SAUCE

2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon Cornstarch

2 Cans (8 oz. each) Crushed Pineapple (Undrained)

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce

1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger

6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves

Minced Chives (Optional)

In a saucepan, combine brown sugar & cornstarch. Stir in pinapple, soy sauce, garlic salt & ginger. Cook & stir over low heat until thickened.

Place chicken in a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Baste, bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired.

Serves 6 servings.

HAWAIIAN CHICKEN 

1/4 Cup Butter

1 Small Can Crushed Pineapple

1/4 Cup Brown Sugar

2 Tablespoons Cornstarch OR 4 Tablespoons Flour

1 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Cup Vinegar

1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce

1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce

1/3 Cup Ketchup

4 to 6 Boned Chick Breasts (May be skinned if desired)

Melt butter, roll chicken pieces in melted butter & place in baking dish, skin side up.

Mix pineapple juice with remaining ingredients except the pineapple & cook until thick. Add the pineapple & pour over chicken pieces.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Trusted Contributor

@Diamonds22 those both sound very good!  I copied them and look forward to trying one!