Honored Contributor

Re: Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken

I tried a similar recipe that I think used pork. I made it in the crock pot. We did not like it but we don't like soy sauce. We use Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos. Maybe I should try this using it?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I have this in the Crock Pot right now.

Usually I try a recipe the first time exactly as written but I only had about a pound of chicken (my stores haven’t had any) so I sliced a package of kielbasa & threw that in along with some pineapple chunks & a sliced onion to make the 2 pounds.

It smells REALLY good!

Thank you for posting the recipe.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper You're so welcome.  Please let me know if you liked it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Sounds yummy & so easy!  I'm going to make this over the weekend (I think I'll add some peppers and onions too) and make extra to freeze.  

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I sure will!

I figured it would go well with rice so I’ll fire up the rice cooker later.

I'm all over Crock Pot recipes if you run into anymore. I’m off work now like many others but usually I love Crock Pot meals, so nice to have a meal ready when you get home from work.

Something like this would make great leftover dinners or lunches too. 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper Rice is perfect!

Recipes.com and All Recipes are fantastic sites that I used in my advanced foods classes often.  They have quite a lot of reviews too.  Since we're all stuck home, they may be enjoyable sites for you!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I had this last night & it was really good. I checked it after 5 hours (my chicken pieces were not thick) & it was plenty done. 

The kielbasa I had to use by default was good in it, I could see doing the same thing with pork - that would be yummy.

If I had had any green peppers, I would have sliced one & thrown it in the last hour (I like peppers just cooked/crunchy cooked - not mushy).

Thanks again for posting the recipe. Did you find it in a book or stumble across it on line?

Honored Contributor

i bet this would be good with meatballs......as an appetizer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper SO happy you loved it!Smiley Happy

The recipe was a FB post.  You can look up Norris City Old Timers Recipies.

I have found quite a few recipies on All Recipes or Recipes.com that are wonderful.

Respected Contributor

Made this the other night and it was very good.  I have similar recipes with many more ingredients.  This one is much easier and I usually have these ingredients in pantry.