Honored Contributor

Having a little Fall Get-Together/Cocktail party type thing...

.... any recommendations for a "featured" martini or drink?

Please and thank you.

I'm more of a wine girl, but I know this crowd would be into a tasty martini of the season.  :

Also, can this be "assembled" ahead of time and kept in the fridge, then shaken with ice when served?  That seems like the easiest way to do it, but I don't really know how the whole martini thing is done...

Regular Contributor

Re: Having a little Fall Get-Together/Cocktail party type thing...

[ Edited ]

theres a rum chata and caramel vodka drink that sounds yummy..I belive it's 2 parts rum chata, one part caramel vodka and the glass was rimmed with let me think...was it caramel??  I think it was...    okay no...the glass is rimmed with salt/sea salt (not margarita salt) 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

theres a rum chata and caramel vodka drink that sounds yummy..I belive it's 2 parts rum chata, one part caramel vodka and the glass was rimmed with let me think...was it caramel??  I think it was...    okay no...the glass is rimmed with salt/sea salt (not margarita salt) 

Well, that would be a YUM!!

Honored Contributor

Spiked cider or sangria is usually my go-to

You can go easy or fancy with the sangria 

I would use frozen fruit in a pitcher with a good red wine

Serve with a bit of sparkling water.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

Well, that would be a YUM!!

Double YUM ....!!

Respected Contributor

The spiced cider sounds great too .....The whole party sounds like fun..

What time should we be there...!!!!

Valued Contributor

Beet margaritas are "in" where I live.  They are strikingly beautiful.  If you haven't had one, it tastes like a margarita with a hint of beet.  I  would make in advance in a gallon container and transfer, as needed, into my prettiest glass pitcher for pouring into individual ice filled glasses. 

This recipe comes from:

https://livinglark.com/beetmarg/

Mezcal Margarita

Serves 20 (in a rocks glass filled halfway with ice)

4 c beet simple syrup (see recipe below)
4 c lime juice
6 c Mezcal 
2 c agave nectar
3 limes sliced for garnish

This is an easy cocktail to create! Just combine all of the ingredients in the order listed in a gallon container. Shake & stir, then serve over lots of ice with a lime for garnish and fresh flavor.

Beet Simple Syrup

12 c water
1 ½ lbs red beets, ends cut off, and diced into small cubes

*Note: You can remove the skin before cooking for a more intense beet flavor in the cocktail, but make sure you still have 1 ½ pounds of beets AFTER peeling! Also, beets that are more pink in color will give you a lovely pink syrup and beets that have a yellow color mixed with red results in a sweeter syrup.

¼ t salt
¼ c agave nectar

Place all the ingredients in pan, bring to a boil, and then simmer covered until you have 4 cups of liquid. This should take around 45 minutes of simmering. Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve; refrigerate if not ready to serve immediately.

C5772E94-89D4-494F-9F93-C6705D7A1B49-4574-000005D05300B16E.jpeg

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Wow; I have never heard of a beet margarita!!  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

My friends and I can get pretty adventurous creating martinis, but for a party, I would keep it simple and universal with a Cosmopolitan:

martini_glasses.jpg

Contributor

Warm apple cider with a little cinnamon schnapps is really easy and REALLY good.  You can keep it warm in a crockpot.