Honored Contributor

Re: Have you gotten rid of your cookbooks?

I wish I could. And I wish I could stop buying them, too. I'm absolutely compulsive when I'm around cheap old cookbooks.
Respected Contributor

Nooo....My sister kids me all the time because I am not a fictional book reader -- or any book for that matter, except for my COOKBOOKS!  I probably have about 100 or so and have decided that my family can disperse of them when I'm gone - however they want to. I don't cook as much now as I use to but one never knows when I might just wheel out a new tasty dish !

New Contributor

Years ago I donated many older books, like the ones you got for free or small fee from a sponsor like Quaker, as well as diet-types we weren't following. Kind of sorry I did. Looking thru them is a fun history/memory reminder. I still buy new ones, read thru them, and add them to our library. We have 150-200 cookbooks. They give me lots of ideas and push away the brain cobwebs. I love the idea of peeking at the pantry and creating something new from ordinary stuff we just have sitting there. I'll leave their disposal to my kids! Lol