Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Started Planning Thanksgiving/Christmas Recipes?

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@PA Mom-mom absolutely not, it just quit raining in my area...we have over 3 weeks with rain...every day....all I can think about is sunshine, working in the yard, enjoying our back porch and ice tea.

Ugh, me too. And more rain coming this week. I'm wondering if it is ever going to end.

Maybe I will be in the mood to think about Christmas menu's in a few more months, lol.

Honored Contributor

Family is mostly gone now, so the two of us are free to decide almost at the last minute what to have!

Lobster?  Goose?  Duck?  Hot Dogs?  Sandwiches from a ham we bake?  

It is good and bad, but no pressure or fetting here any more.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad to have cold weather, snow and ice gone, and finally having green trees! I'm  looking forward to planting summer flowers in my baskets and planters next week. To each her own, but the very last thing I want to think about is planning recipes for the winter holidays! It's the beginning of May - it's spring, and I prefer to enjoy the season as it is now.

Esteemed Contributor

For us, the main holiday menu doesn't change much but the dessert and appeitizer does.  I used to try out new recipes on co-workers that I thought I would serve for holidays.  Since I have retired, I don't have that "experimental" group any longer.  I don't seek out recipes for any certain thing any longer, but if I see something that I think our family would like for the holidays, I might try it out before the "official" day.  You need to do you.   What ever makes you feel more confident in what you serve, is the right answer.  Plan ahead as much as you want.  Or wing it as you prefer.  Don't be afraid to try something new anytime of the year.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

none what so ever  Smiley Happy  I go to my familys house  for the holidays and only take some home made cookies  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@@

Super Contributor

Is this a CURRENT thread?! Are you kidding?

Super Contributor

Go away!!! It's spring & lovely. Come back in November. Don't want or care about these 2 holidays. I love it NOW!!!!

Valued Contributor

No, not yet. I need to get through Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, my birthday, and Halloween before I consider doing anything at all for Thanksgiving. 

Honored Contributor

No but I am planning what I'm going to take and cook when we go camping over Memorial weekend.  LOL