Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Started Planning Thanksgiving/Christmas Recipes?

ABSOLUTELY NOT ....

Honored Contributor

I get mine "ready-made" at Safeway........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I know it's early, but today I started thinking about party appetizers for a recurring Christmas party we attend. I think it's because I'll be retiring in November and will have more time to pay attention to holiday entertaining. I'm really looking forward to it!

@PA Mom-mom , I don’t blame you for looking forward to retirement and having more time to spend on planning for the holidays. You do have more time, more fun, and less stress. 

I just saw a cookie recipe today on Facebook that I thought would be great for November/December. It wasn’t a Christmas cookie recipe, but that’s where my mind went!

Throughout the year I occasionally go through the Christmas section of my planner from the year before—I make lists and a timeline each year. I’m in no hurry, believe me, but I enjoy doing that. 

I love retirement, and I know you will, too. No more trying to figure out how to squeeze everything in for all the holidays throughout the year!

Honored Contributor

I really don’t feel I need to put that much thought into what I feed my family for one meal.  We’re just not really into it that much I guess. 

Honored Contributor

Planning Mother's Day - 

Honored Contributor

Definitely not!  I'd like to enjoy the summer, then the autumn first.  I won't think about either of those holidays until November at the earliest.

And I'm certainly not rushing those, having just gotten through winter!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom I enjoy finding recipes so much that I'm always looking for different ones for any occasion.

The fall and winter holidays are, to me, the most "food intensive" on the calendar, especially Thanksgiving.   Lots of old good threads on here for ideas that you can use.

And when you have an annual event it makes so much sense to think ahead.  

I started to get "antsy" as I got closer to the retirement date.  Those work weeks  seem to crawl along knowing that you finally have an official ending date.

Retirement, for me, has been ideal, luxuriating in making a schedule that is infinitely flexible to suit me.  One of my favorite things is to be able to shop in the daytime during the week in the supermarket without the more typical weekend crowds.  

Here's hoping you enjoy your retirement in good health.  

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking Christmas all year long.  Buying gifts beginning January and any cookie recipes that catch my eye.

Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are standard every year...what everyone likes.  

Esteemed Contributor

No no No!  I just want summer! 

Honored Contributor

Only in regards to putting weekly cash away in my Christmas cash stash envelope.  Thinking of my contributions for this Sunday and a bit of thought toward Memorial Day.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."