Esteemed Contributor

I don't think we have those mallormars, I've never heard of them. I know I really miss Mars bars, haven't seen those in years. 

Its ok to miss whatever we miss. Just because some people have it worse doesn't mean we can't long for thigs we use to have, in my opinion. 

I miss it staying light outside. Its already dark here! I may be in trouble Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 - I just saw Mallomars at my local grocery store about 2 weeks ago. OMG this might be my favorite store bought cookie ever! And, I don't share, lol. These with a glass of cold milk - heaven.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 have you never had them before? I agree, they are good! @happycat my mother always hated the changing of the clock and winter. My father tried to make her feel better by saying after the 21 or so of December it will get lighter a little everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@riley1 have you never had them before? I agree, they are good! @happycat my mother always hated the changing of the clock and winter. My father tried to make her feel better by saying after the 21 or so of December it will get lighter a little everyday.

I'l have to remember that, @Jordan2. I just get down in the dumpsters when it is cold, bleak and dark so early.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 - When I lived in NJ, they would go on sale before they disappeared for the summer months. I would stock up on them and put them in my freezer. They stayed just fine.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried but have always wanted Mallomars since I first saw "When Harry Met Sally."  As far as a cookie with marshmallow I have been trying for several months now to find Pin Wheels by Nabisco.  Walmart has their own version, not as big or as good but even they have been out of stock for months now. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

I had a very close friend, has passed, who LOVED them.  When she moved from L.I. to Arizona couldn't find them.  When she would come back to visit in the fall she would bring an empty suitcase to fill up.

I just picked up two boxes, and like everything else they've shrunk.

From the box, "Mallomars were created by Nabisco in 1913 and first sold in Hoboken, NJ.  The metropolitan New York City area boasts the most loyal Mallomar fans.  More than 70% of all Mallomar sales are generated in the shadow of Big Apple."

Valued Contributor

I don't see them much in my Michigan area.  However, Big Lots sells Dare cookies "Pure chocolate whippets" that are very similar.  They are delicious!  And dangerous!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Bought a box last week at WM I don't recall the price.  I really never check prices when it's a treat🤷‍♀️.  I'd be happy to share with you!  What cookie I really miss is "Spicers spice wafers" .  These were my fav fall cookie when Ilived up north -- haven't found them here in the south☹️

B5F87075-8005-443A-83DA-3914145C5C84.jpeg