Honored Contributor

See the source image

@Jordan2 These are at ebay.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have Yo.u Seen Mallomars

Looked up Mallomars online and found out a few things.

They're produced seasonally from September through March.

They originated in Denmark, are produced in Canada but not sold there. The reason can be found online and has something to do with Nabisco--didn't read the whole story.

Other info about them can be found at a dotcom site called trillist.  

Maybe the pandemic has slowed or stopped some food imports from certain countries.

Honored Contributor

I'm also hoping my Tim Tam cookies will be available again after the summer heat ends.     I only found these Australian cookies from a post in one of the posts on this board (in one of the joke-type threads).  I asked what they were because they looked very interesting and a poster gave me the info.

I still have two packages stashed away in the refrigerator, in L&L, but I hope to see them back again.  They have become one of my very favorites.

[Buy The Best Quality Aussie Food Online] - Aussie Food Express

Super Contributor

novama--TOTALLY agree--that was a cheap shot --and by the way--mallowmars are my fav--they come back every Sept around my bday the 25th here in nj..................marynj

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm also hoping my Tim Tam cookies will be available again after the summer heat ends.     I only found these Australian cookies from a post in one of the posts on this board (in one of the joke-type threads).  I asked what they were because they looked very interesting and a poster gave me the info.

I still have two packages stashed away in the refrigerator, in L&L, but I hope to see them back again.  They have become one of my very favorites.

@chickenbutt I only heard about this cookie a few years back. I think Hugh Jackman was on a daytime talk show and brought them up. I once bought them in Target, they were good. Oh, by the way have you ever had a Scooter Pie (I think they are called Moon Pies in the south)?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt I only heard about this cookie a few years back. I think Hugh Jackman was on a daytime talk show and brought them up. I once bought them in Target, they were good. Oh, by the way have you ever had a Scooter Pie (I think they are called Moon Pies in the south)?

The Tim Tams do seem to be VERY popular in Australia and I'm really glad they can be purchased here (well, 'could' and hopefully w/b again).  They are quite inexpensive to boot!

Yes, I also like the Scooter or Moon Pie!   Haven't had one in ages.  They had one also that was banana flavor, I believe, and I really liked that one too.

You guys are a bad influence.  Now I think I'm going to have to go get a Tim Tam.  I can have one a day.  Smiley Happy  But I don't every day.  Since I have two packs (11 cookies in each one) and one partial pack, I'm good for a while.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

BTW, the people who know how I have a ton of L&L will be amused to know that I have one L&L that is the exact size of a package of Tim Tams.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've found them here in our local Walmart (Seattle area) in past years usually around the beginning of September.   

Since I haven't been to a Walmart since March, I'm not sure if they even have them now.

I grew up in PA and always loved Mallomars.    They do seem to be more of an east coast favorite.   

Trusted Contributor

Wow, I haven't seen Mallomars in ages! It was my Mom's favorite cookie, so they were always in the house. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 - yes, most of us know where you were going with this post. Hope u find them and enjoy them when you do!!! 💗