Esteemed Contributor

Hash Brown Crusted Quiche With Sausage

We had this for brunch today, delicious!

3 Cups Simple Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (found in the refrigerator section)

4 Tablespoons UnSalted Butter, Melted

Salt & Pepper To Taste

1 Cup Seasoned Italian Ground Pork Sausages (Ham or Bacon would be delicious also)

6 Large Eggs

1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

2 Scallions, Finely Chopped (I did not have scallions on hand and used chopped white onion, worked fine)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat a 9 inch pie plate or deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl gently toss the hash browns with the butter to coat.  Season with salt & pepper.  Press the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate to form a crust. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes (we ended up baking for 45 minutes) or until golden brown.

In the meantime, saute' the ground sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.  Set aside to cool.

In the large bowl you used for the hash browns, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheeses, and scallions.  Season with a dash of salt & pepper.  Add in the cooked sausage crumbles.  Mix to combine.

Pour mixture on top of the hash brown crust.  Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until set.  Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hash Brown Crusted Quiche With Sausage

@CareBears  Thank you for the recipe . . . it sounds so good Smiley Very Happy. . . can't wait to try it!

Honored Contributor

@CareBearsHow evil!  One day I shall be weak and sin.

Honored Contributor

The crust you made is giving me some ideas.  I make a breakfast dish using a crescent roll crust. A hash brown crust baked before the other ingredients are added would work just as well.

Honored Contributor

Sounds absolutely delicious!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for delicious sounding recipe - going to make this next week.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears

Thank you for sharing this-sounds wonderful!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears. actually made this yesterday and it is Delicious - used mild Italian sausage and followed recipe exactly.  Really came out perfect even DH ate two slices and he does not like quiche!  Thanks for this recipe.