Respected Contributor

Has anyone used an air fryer to roast frozen brussel sprouts?

Have roasted frozen brussel sprouts in the oven (LOVE!), but never used an air fryer.  Found several recipes online, but one instructed to defrost them in microwave, and the other didn't.  Didn't want to experiment yesterday so just nuked them.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone used an air fryer to roast frozen brussel sprouts?

we did that just yesterday. thawed them out for a bit, baked them, then air fried. turned out well. can't tell you more than that because my husband is the cook, so that's all i know 😊

Honored Contributor

No haven't done brussels spouts yet, but did potatoes that I did nuke for a bit as they were kind of big---they turned out great--also tried raw fries in it--not great--but from frozen---OMG---the best!. And steak----good lord---so good!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it recently and our whole house smelled like a dead mouse, i will only use the oven for them from now on. I even shook them every 5 minutes.  It was a fail for me. 

Respected Contributor

@deb5555 Are you sure that you didn't cook a mouse ? Did you use your regular oven to do this. I think it would work in an air-fryer if you do it slowly by starting at around 220 degrees.But keep a close watch on them.