Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Rao's soup?

Was considering this chicken and noddle soup, but read the nutrition list and one serving has 820 mgs!!!

Yikes...way too much......

Honored Contributor

I wanted to but it was way too much sodium. I would retain water for a week if I did. I rarely eat preprepared soup because of this. I make a pot of soup a week though for my cravings since I love soup so much. 

Regular Contributor

I love the sauces. Soup not so much.

New Contributor

TOO SALTY!!!!

I bought 4 jars of Rao's, Chicken Noodle, Pasta & ******ioli, Vegetable Minestrone & Chicken Gnocchi. So far I have only tried the Chicken Noodle. I felt like I was eating salt soup. It was horrible. It was also too oily and I thought it smelled a bit fishy too, but honestly I wouldn't have minded the oil & fish taste as much if I could get past the excessive salt. I get that jarred/canned products usually have a lot of salt, but this was unbearable. For what is considered to be "fancy" soup, I enjoy Progresso much more. I will likely return the 3 other flavors as I see in other reviews, they are all too salty as well.

1410mg of sodium!!

New Contributor

I agree. And the 820mg sodium was just the amount if you only ate 8oz. The whole jar is 1 serving and is 1410mg of sodium! I felt I would have tasted less salt if I sprinkled the salt shaker directly in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

I've had three or four Rao's soup varieties, and have four or five in the pantry.  They're a step up from canned soup and a step down from homemade.  I've liked them, but wouldn't pay full price, which is $4.99 in many stores.  I guess they're capitalizing on the popularity of Rao's sauces - can't blame them for that.  The size of the jar is 16 oz. -  less than a Progresso can of soup, 18.5 oz.  I've gotten them on sale for $1.99 and used a $1.00 coupon, so paid only $0.99 each.  [By the way, there's currently a $1.00 printable coupon on coupons dot com.]

Honored Contributor

OLD Thread from Oct 2019

Respected Contributor

These soups are not bad, but not worth the sodium content to me.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe our Costco just carries the marinara sauce.