Respected Contributor

Has anyone bought these pot pie "makers"?

Temp-tations Set of 6 Chicken and Beef Pot Pie Packets

I can't find much info. on the page.  I only caught the end of the presentation.  Do the mixes have enough dried veggies in them and you just cook and add the meat?  How many servings does one packet make?  I'd appreciate any info you can provide.  TIA!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought these pot pie "makers"?

I have not. 

If one has to cook the chicken, save the broth,  just add fresh or frozen vegetables with a can of cream of chicken soup,  and a top frozen crust from Pet Ritz, or mix up a bowl of biscuit dough and pat it out to cover.  Bake at 350 until golden.

Respected Contributor

I have not purchased these mixes, but this recipe was posted in the Recipe forum and I have made it with both turkey and chicken.  It is really a good recipe!

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Turkey-Pot-Pie/m-p/6627221#M143421

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you, ladies.  I have a recipe for chicken pot pie.  I'm just wondering if these mixes are any good.  Anyone?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have not. 

If one has to cook the chicken, save the broth,  just add fresh or frozen vegetables with a can of cream of chicken soup,  and a top frozen crust from Pet Ritz, or mix up a bowl of biscuit dough and pat it out to cover.  Bake at 350 until golden.

@ECBG And a little splash of dry sherry!  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have not. 

That's the way I do it with leftover chicken or turkey!