Trusted Contributor

Hi friends. I just watched a video on you tube for Sweetie Pies Mac and cheese. It has alot of different cheeses and looks good. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it. There is another site with a recipe for a small size version of it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried..........

can anyone recommend a cookbook for a instapot. My daughter received one as a gift and I think a cookbook will be a big help to her.

TYIA

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

can anyone recommend a cookbook for a instapot. My daughter received one as a gift and I think a cookbook will be a big help to her.

TYIA

@Epicurean 

This link is about an instapot cookbook you might like.

It's in the Kitchen forums.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/Awesome-Step-by-Step-Book-for-the-Instant-Pot/m-p/6737512#M2282...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilBitMissty 

Hello stranger. Glad to see you back posting your recipes. Lots of old timers have moved on.

I have never tried that recipe. I have not ate Velveeta in I don't know when.

We like Masterbuilt's 4 Cheese Mac n Cheese recipe. We have made it in the oven & on the smoker both. 

It uses cream cheese, sharp sheddar, gouda & parmesan.

We cut the recipe in half because it makes a lot either way.

It's from dadgum that's good site.

If you try Sweetie Pies let me know what you think.

Four-Cheese Smoked Mac n’ Cheese

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup all purpose flour

3 cups milk

1 (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into large chunks

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

2 cups extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded

2 cups Gouda cheese shredded

1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions

1. Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225° F.

2. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper.

3. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, and cream sauce. Spoon mixture into an 11 by 9 ½-inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.

4. Place in smoker and cook 1 hour at 225° F, until brown, bubbly and delicious.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz....Hi there! Good to see you!!  It is good to see you!  I know what you mean avout the posters. Just good to see some are still here. LOL seeing this post is a blast from the past! It is almost 11 years old! Your recipe sounds really good. You know? I never did make the other recipe. Anyhow how hope to see you more often. Take care.