Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Greek Orthodox Easter to all my QVC Pals & also to everyone who celebrates on Sunday

[ Edited ]

Ladybug724,

Goat tastes like goat...but is also known to acquire some other various tastes to many different people.

Some say goat tastes like mild beef and veal, and others say it tastes like veal, and venison.

In reality the taste of goat meat really varies, and depends on many factors, which are listed below:

What the goat was fed before it was butchered.

If it was castrated or not, before being butchered.

If it remained with other male goats before it was butchered.

How it was prepared and cooked.

Goat meat can taste like veal or venison, but to Greeks we keep marinating it with various Greek wine and herbs, while it is being slowly roasted on a spit, over hot embers, and it tastes like lamb and beef.....but many people comment and say the way we spit roast it outdoors, gives it the flavor of delicious beef.

Also goat is not very fatty, and cooks pretty quickly, so one must jeep an eye on it not to let it toughen and burn.

Goat meat can be sold whole for spit roasting, but can also be butchered into various meat portions which allow it to be made into ground meat, stewing meat, which can be baked or roasted in a home oven, cooked on a spit outdoors, cooked on the BBQ, or cooked in a smoker.

(It just must be watched not to over cook, or it will toughen the delicate meat, and it can also burn quite easily).

In Restaurants which offer Goat on their menu if you order it you will be pleasantly surprised, because goat meat is a delicious delicacy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Greek Orthodox Easter to all my QVC Pals & also to everyone who celebrates on Sunday

My Sweet Friend, Adore,

I had no idea your heart carried such a heavy burden at this time of year.  I lost my Mother a little over a year ago, a week before Thanksgiving and buried her 2 days before Thanksgiving.   Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday but it now feels empty.  So many of my family gone and her passing just before changed that day in many ways.  I am always thankful she no longer suffers and she is with my Dad and family in Heaven.  I was with her as she drew her last breath on this earth and was holding her hand as she transitioned from earth to Heaven.  I believe I was holding her hand as she saw the face of God.  I do feel lost on Mother's Day even though I have 2 daughters, a step daughter, a grandson, and two foreign exchange sons who still call me Mom.  But I cannot begin to imagine how you feel and will say extra prayers for you as the day approaches.  I am so very happy you have Phillip to watch over you and that he has such a loving heart.  Try to take some comfort that your baby is in your Mother's arms and you know that love for sure and true.  I have no idea and don't need to know what mountains you are heading to but every time I am in the mountains, there is peace.  Makes me think of John Denver's lyric, "Almost Heaven..." even if those mountains aren't in West Virginia.   Take care, my friend. Heart

Respected Contributor

My Dear Mustang,

God Bless you.... and yours..... always!

May he watch and guide every footstep, you all take on your Earthly journey.

May he offer you all love, comfort, wisdom, guidance and safe passage, as you all continue to do his work, on Earth.

I read your reply..... and cried.

Your wise comforting words touched my soul in a very special way.

"Even my Phillip was so moved, and said you are a very caring kind compassionate religious lovely lady!, and from the bottom of our hearts, we bless and thank you so very much!!!

Mustang your heart felt reply raised me up .....to again feel God's love, and for that I truly am so grateful because the depression has already set in, as sadness becomes an early companion, in preparation of the Holiday yet to come.

I would like to believe all our dearly departed loves ones met in Heaven, know we are cyber friends, and are glad we can in time of great need type an Internet message which reaches deeply into our hearts and souls, offering us great  compassion, comfort, wisdom and love.

That is exactly what your reply has given me.....

"You raised me up to again believe in the greater good of everything that happens to us here on Earth, and that everything happens for a reason, but only God knows the reason.......as is quoted in his Holy Scriptures".

I do feel blessed and truly believe in that sacred glorious joyous everlasting realm of what is yet to come, and while on Earth still allow the grief to flow, but know when the tears finally cease..... the continued joy of living on God's green glorious Earth ......and doing his work will again comfort my soul".

For all of this I feel very blessed and thank you, and know our Mothers, my baby girl, and all our dearly departed beloved loved ones watch over us all the time, and that also gives me great comfort, as I hope it also comforts you .....my dear kind caring friendHeart

Blessings, and infinite never ending joy is what we wish for you and yours my dear Mustang, and both Phillip and I, wish you a blessed bounty of everlasting love, and a very blessed Happy Mother's Day..... yet to comeHeart.

Esteemed Contributor

Adore and Phillip,

I don't know what to say to your beautiful reply but just to thank God that He knew your hearts and worked thru me.  I am thankful whenever He allows me to serve.  Keep your faith-hold it close and dear.  You have more reasons than you realize to make your final destination His Kingdom.  And I do pray you find peace in knowing Who is taking care of your family!  Now, you and Phillip get going!  Beat that traffic to where ever you are heading.  Come back relaxed and refreshed and with renewed spirits! 

Respected Contributor

Many blessings for your endearing reply Mustang, as it as always is so compssionate, wise, & greatly appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

Ladybug724,

Goat tastes like goat...but is also known to acquire some other various tastes to many different people.

Some say goat tastes like mild beef and veal, and others say it tastes like veal, and venison.

In reality the taste of goat meat really varies, and depends on many factors, which are listed below:

What the goat was fed before it was butchered.

If it was castrated or not, before being butchered.

If it remained with other male goats before it was butchered.

How it was prepared and cooked.

Goat meat can taste like veal or venison, but to Greeks we keep marinating it with various Greek wine and herbs, while it is being slowly roasted on a spit, over hot embers, and it tastes like lamb and beef.....but many people comment and say the way we spit roast it outdoors, gives it the flavor of delicious beef.

Also goat is not very fatty, and cooks pretty quickly, so one must jeep an eye on it not to let it toughen and burn.

Goat meat can be sold whole for spit roasting, but can also be butchered into various meat portions which allow it to be made into ground meat, stewing meat, which can be baked or roasted in a home oven, cooked on a spit outdoors, cooked on the BBQ, or cooked in a smoker.

(It just must be watched not to over cook, or it will toughen the delicate meat, and it can also burn quite easily).

In Restaurants which offer Goat on their menu if you order it you will be pleasantly surprised, because goat meat is a delicious delicacy. 

Interesting! Thank you!