Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy Easter...how do you cook your asparagus???

On 4/2/2015 Doxie said:

I was going to tell you to go check Gloria's recipe on the other thread. It looks really good. I am glad she posted it here for you as well.

I think it is easier to roast it and not overcook it. Ina has a good recipe for roasting it on food network also.

I am buying some to make Gloria's recipe.

doxie

Thanks, Doxie!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2015 ChiliPepper said:

Gloria, I do remember having actual cookie "sheets" though - flat with no sides - just a lip on one end (I think) to grab them by.

Are they possibly thinner or anything to make the cookies crisp up or cook better? Mmmmmm...inquiring minds want to know!

Ok, asparagus to cookie sheets - stay focused Chili-girl LOL!

I actually have a couple of those from Cook's Essentials. I have seen those kinds in the store. I guess the idea is that you can easily push baked products onto a cooling rack or plate.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to add walnuts.
Honored Contributor

I roast it in the oven with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

Honored Contributor

I never thought of sage, walnuts or lemon juice. Geeez, I need something to boost my imagination. Thanks mistyrion, wildcat & RetRN!

Gloria, you are right, the cookies would slide right onto the cooling rack. Now that I think of it that is EXACTLY why I don't use mine anymore. Now I remember a whole bunch of cookies sliding on the floor. That's when I switched to the others. I had a dog at the time & he thought it was his birthday or something!

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of tossing it in some pasta..going to try this tonight.
Honored Contributor

Lola, I've never had it RAW! Wow, something else to try!

Funny thing often times when we go to the store we pick out an obscure fruit or vegie or something we've never tried & give it a whirl. Sometimes it works out - sometimes not so much. (Remind me to tell you the story of trying to crack open a coconut one time - oye!).

I think it comes from watching "Chopped" on Food Network & seeing so many odd ball things. Anyways, I never thought to try asparagus RAW.

Thanks for the idea!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2015 ChiliPepper said:

I never thought of sage, walnuts or lemon juice. Geeez, I need something to boost my imagination. Thanks mistyrion, wildcat & RetRN!

Gloria, you are right, the cookies would slide right onto the cooling rack. Now that I think of it that is EXACTLY why I don't use mine anymore. Now I remember a whole bunch of cookies sliding on the floor. That's when I switched to the others. I had a dog at the time & he thought it was his birthday or something!

Too funny! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Soy glazed asparagus and tofu.

Honored Contributor

I like to roast it too. There is wonderful casserole recipie in the Casserole Queens cookbook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSu8cUiUl7Y Here they are making it.