Respected Contributor

Happy 4th, happy grilling, and enjoy your day!

Happy 4th to all our QVC pals....

Every 4th of July we enjoy company, and hosting a BBQ.

Grilling pork chops already marinated in a latin mojito sauce. 

Also grilling beef franks, sausages, cheeseburgers, and some rib eye steaks.

Serving orzo salad with caramelized onions, baked potatoes with cheddar cheese, grilled eggplants, zucchini, and peppers. 

Desserts are banana cream pudding trifle,  ice cream, and an ice box cake.

Drinks are the usual lemonade, iced tea, beer and wine for the non drivers, fruit drinks and seltzer water.

We hope everyone also enjoys their 4th today.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy 4th, happy grilling, and enjoy your day!

Happy Fourth of July to you too adore!

I wouldn't say no to that recipe with the orzo and caramelized onions . . . Smiley Happy

I was going to make yours/Daisy's recipe for the pork but didn't leave enough time for the marinade so I switched to another recipe.  I have vacuumed sealed the other half and that will be for next weekend . . . and this time with enough lead time . . . oy!

Respected Contributor

Did you get the Daisy Cooks Cookbook already mtc?

mtc when you do the pork in the marinade it will be delicious, and will be so worth waiting for.

BBQ starts at 3:00 pm,  so now we have some time to relax.

Hubby already started some grilling prep work, and am looking forward to enjoying our company, the food and the day.

Will also top the grilled pork chops when ready with caramelized onions too, before serving them.

mtc if we had taste o'vision I would have sent you what you referred to, as far as the orzo with the carmelized onions.

We hope you also enjoy your July 4th holiday, my friend as well as all of the food you will be eating.

Also enjoy the fireworks and stay safe, if you are going to see them.

We will also be enjoying the fireworks presented here too.

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

Did you get the Daisy Cooks Cookbook already mtc?

mtc when you do the pork in the marinade it will be delicious, and will be so worth waiting for.

BBQ starts at 3:00 pm,  so now we have some time to relax.

Hubby already started some grilling prep work, and am looking forward to enjoying our company, the food and the day.

Will also top the grilled pork chops when ready with caramelized onions too, before serving them.

mtc if we had taste o'vision I would have sent you what you referred to, as far as the orzo with the carmelized onions.

We hope you also enjoy your July 4th holiday, my friend as well as all of the food you will be eating.

Also enjoy the fireworks and stay safe, if you are going to see them.

We will also be enjoying the fireworks presented here too.

I had forgotten about Daisy, used to watch her show, until I read your post the other day, so I went right to Amazon and ordered it.  I hope I use this book.  I collect so many, then at mealtime, just make up my own recipes, lol.

Honored Contributor

Adore, your menu as always sounds delicious!  No, the cookbook didn't come yet but then I bought it (via Amazon) from the second hand market so they can take up to three weeks.  No worries, I'm just looking forward to getting it.

Enjoy your celebration adore and be safe!

Respected Contributor

Hi mousiegirl,

You will really enjoy Daisy's cookbook and recipes.

This is one cookbook which will get used often.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for replying mtc.

Some recipes for Daisy are on the net...until her book arrivesSmiley Happy.

Thanks for your well wishes mtc, and you too enjoy your day, and remain safe.

The last of the company just left a few minutes ago, and we all had a wonderful 4thSmiley Happy.

Regular Contributor

Hope everyone has had a great 4th so far.  We are East coast so it's 8:50 here already.  Since hubby is recuperating from bypass surgery, I grilled today which I love to do anyway. 

We are not doing fireworks tonight since he can't go out to much right now. 

If you are traveling this weekend, be safe out there.

Honored Contributor

adore, I was all set to make Daisy's pork roast today but missed one little detail . . . it needs to marinate at least 24 hours.  Sigh.  Ok, plan B.  I made the Cuban Pork Roast that IamMrsG posted.  It was very good (very moist).  I'm not used to eating pork with a citrus flavor.  For me, it was very different and a nice change.

I am planning on using the other half of the pork roast next weekend for Daisy's recipe.  I wish someone had videotaped my face when I realized I had missed the marinating time . . . oy!

Glad you had such a lovely Fourth of July celebration!

Respected Contributor

Hi Classylady,

Best wishes for a fast recuperation for hubby, and am glad you enjoyed grilling on the 4thSmiley Happy.