Honored Contributor

Re: HSN TS: 4/25 Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick Mini Multi-Cooker 739-381

I LOVE steamed artichokes.  Great recipe for a quick individual serving

Screenshot_2021-04-25-12-17-01.png

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

thank you for your response @Chi-town girl 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl 

I have not had artichokes in years, but adore them.

My Italian mother fixed them often and they were big.  Now, when I see them in the store they are mostly smallish and never look good.  I should check other stores, but always forget.  

She would boil the entire thing and then we would eat the soft part of the leaf down to the heart.  Now and then she  might "stuff" them with a bit of sausage.

Good heavens, they were heavenly!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

I have not had artichokes in years, but adore them.

My Italian mother fixed them often and they were big.  Now, when I see them in the store they are mostly smallish and never look good.  I should check other stores, but always forget.  

She would boil the entire thing and then we would eat the soft part of the leaf down to the heart.  Now and then she  might "stuff" them with a bit of sausage.

Good heavens, they were heavenly!

@Witchy Woman  - one of our Italian neighbors makes baked artichokes that she stuffs with garlicky parmesan breadcrumbs. The breadcrumb mix is pushed into the leaves before baking, its very good!

I just do an easy steam cook with cut up lemons as a base, whole artichokes on top. If I'm using the big softball size artichokes,  I use my big pasta pot with lift out steamer insert. Very easy dip - mayo mixed with lemon juice.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Easy omelette!

2 Lg. eggs

2 TBLS. milk (any kind)

1/3 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar or swiss)

1/3 cup vegetable of choice (or mix)

salt and pepper to taste

Whisk eggs and milk together. Add the cheese, vegetables, salt, and pepper. Mix together. Set the RC to COOK. It will run approx. 7 mins. Let sit for 5 mins. on WARM. Then press the COOK a second time. Another 2-3 mins. and it will revert to WARM and you have a fluffy, delicious omelette! Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I love every CS pan that I've purchased, but I can't quite figure out what I'd use this multi-cooker for. It looks like it has a capacity of around 3 cups, so it doesn't hold much. I don't make rice often enough to have a special pan for that. I watched the CS video but didn't get a lot of inspiration. On the other hand, I'm seriously thinking about ordering the cast aluminum grill pan. Grilling is left up to me because of hubby's health, and I don't like outdoor grilling just for hot dogs and hamburgers! Does anyone have his grill pan? Thx.

@jannabelle1  I also have the grill pan that came as the lid to a larger pan (which I use several times a week). The grill pan is great for sausages (we slice them in half and eat with air fried potatoes), hot dogs, breakfast sausage, grilled cheese, burgers when it's too cold to grill, fish, pork chops. The grill pan cooks evenly and puts nice grill marks on your food. I recommend it. Woman Happy

@Chi-town girl  Thanks for posting the recipes. I don't have the WP one, so I didn't know that this one is twice as big. That's good to know and makes me even happier that I purchased today. I posted a couple rice recipes on the thread in the Kitchen forum. Looking forward to using this to make fondue since it'll be much easier to clean than my fondue pot. I ordered the stone gray. I wanted the yellow, but I may give this one to my son when he goes to college, if we end up liking it. 

Honored Contributor

Citrus-Poached Tilapia

1  oz. fish fillet (Tilapia,  Haibut, any white fish fillet)

1/2 t. grated orange rind

1/3 c. orange juice

2 TBLS. lime juice

1/4 t. salt

pinch crushed red pepper flakes

2 TBLS. chopped green onions

Arrange fish fillet on bottom of RC pot. (If it doesn't quite fit, just let it go up the sides).

Combine orange rind and next four ingredients in a small bowl, stirrlng well. Pour mixture over fish and close lid. Set RC to COOK. Set timer for 15 mins. Remove fish to plate and sprinkle evenly with green onions. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients:

- 1/4  pound uncooked shrimp - peeled and deveined

- 1/4  stick of melted butter

- 1 clove of fresh garlic (more or less depending on your preference)

- 1/2 lemon - sliced

- parsley

- Old Bay seasoning

- Parmesan cheese (optional)

Slice lemon and place in rice cooker pan. Place shrimp on top of lemon slices. In a bowl mix melted butter, fresh garlic and a sprinkle of parsley. Pour over top of shrimp and coat well. Sprinkle old bay and Parmesan cheese over top of the shrimp. Turn on cooker and wait for it to turn off. Serve this over rice or thin pasta (like angle hair or vermicelli

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Ordered the turquoise. Wanted the stone color but it was gone by the time I could no longer resist. I am looking for recipes too.

Super Contributor

@ Oh my goodness. Thanks so much for all the recipes. Can't wait to give some of them a try. I have the smaller Wolgang one and am looking forward to a larger bowl.