Respected Contributor

Re: HSN TS: 4/25 Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick Mini Multi-Cooker 739-381

@likeitis wrote:

Is this mini multi cooker the same thing as an Insta pot?

l don't even know what an insta pot does....I don't cook a lot..just wondering.

@likeitis  No, this is not like an Instapot. It does not have a pressure cooker feature. The Instapot is much more versatile. And this appliance very small. I am getting it mainly to cook rice as we have rice sometimes 3 days a week. You can just put the rice and water in and forget it. I do like that this one has a slow cook mfeature.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another Wolfie 1.5 cup sized recipe

One Pot Pasta
1 - 2 servings

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cups dry pasta such as elbow macaroni corkscrew pasta
1 cup liquid, (beef or chicken stock or water)
1/2 cup favorite pasta sauce, bottled pasta sauce or homemade
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese

METHOD
1 Combine all ingredients in VersaCooker bowl except the cheese.
2 Lock the Lid and press COOK.
3 When the unit switches to WARM open Lid and stir, top with cheese.
Close Lid and leave on WARM setting for 5 minutes.
4 Serve hot.

@Chi-town girl  thanks for recipe (All the recipes actually)

Hubby was not impressed with appliance.  I disagree

Spaghetti his favorite. He can't cook noodles to save his life LOL  He loves the way I cook pasta

I told him first dish will be HIM cooking the pasta

we use bone broth for liquid  

He will be cooking this as soon as we get the item

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another Wolfie 1.5 cup sized recipe

One Pot Pasta
1 - 2 servings

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cups dry pasta such as elbow macaroni corkscrew pasta
1 cup liquid, (beef or chicken stock or water)
1/2 cup favorite pasta sauce, bottled pasta sauce or homemade
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese

METHOD
1 Combine all ingredients in VersaCooker bowl except the cheese.
2 Lock the Lid and press COOK.
3 When the unit switches to WARM open Lid and stir, top with cheese.
Close Lid and leave on WARM setting for 5 minutes.
4 Serve hot.

@Chi-town girl  thanks for recipe (All the recipes actually)

Hubby was not impressed with appliance.  I disagree

Spaghetti his favorite. He can't cook noodles to save his life LOL  He loves the way I cook pasta

I told him first dish will be HIM cooking the pasta

we use bone broth for liquid  

He will be cooking this as soon as we get the item

Lol @Mary Bailey  - wishing your DH much success!  

I hope someone posts recipes from the Curtis cookbook @cozyseeker  and all

I will keep looking for recipes to share.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I have been thinking about this cooker all day. Reading here made me decide to go ahead and get one. I have the wp one and the buttons don't always work anymore. I'm looking forward to one that's a little bigger and trying the recipes here.

Honored Contributor

My order for the yellow multicooker has shipped!

Will continue to look for recipes to share

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Hi there! I'm glad to see this thread. Thanks for the recipes!

I received my CS Dura-Pan Mini Multi yesterday in the red (very nice color), and I can't wait to get started. 

I began by cleaning the spatula, measuring cup, and basket, and I'm now stuck at removing the heat shield in the lid. I think my request for help may be too "off-topic" for this thread, but I wanted to say hi to you and thank you for the recipes! 

Contributor

Oh I so wanted the yellow so cheery and bright, but sold out when I saw the presentation.  I ordered the dark red it is so darn cute.  Was a little skepitical about the rice cooking instructions but followed exactly and it turned out well. I used Jasmine rice.  Very same outcome as my 20 year old WP rice cooker.  I am a household of one ad I think that some of the recipes in the cook book would be great without having to deal with a lot of leftovers. 

Honored Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

Hi there! I'm glad to see this thread. Thanks for the recipes!

I received my CS Dura-Pan Mini Multi yesterday in the red (very nice color), and I can't wait to get started. 

I began by cleaning the spatula, measuring cup, and basket, and I'm now stuck at removing the heat shield in the lid. I think my request for help may be too "off-topic" for this thread, but I wanted to say hi to you and thank you for the recipes! 

@MsLomo  - to clean the heat shield on the lid, just slide your fingers along the shield lip by the rubber seal and gently pull. It will pop off. 

Aftet washing,  just pop it back on. Make sure the middle lock pin protrudes thru the shield center hole.

Diagram and info is on page 9 of the booklet that has instructions and recipes. You can download the bookklet online via the HSN website Curtis cooker page.

This is a snippet of page 9

Screenshot_2021-05-02-17-49-33.png

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thank you so much for your post! I might be the only one in the world of Curtis Stone customers who had trouble interpreting the directions and illustration. But I've got good news! 

I called Curtis Stone Customer Service earlier this morning, and the rep answered quickly. With her on the phone, I pulled the white silicon circle (that surrounds the center plug) forward (it requires some force), and the heat shield popped off.

Your instructions were excellent, too, BTW -- actually better!

Also, FYI for other Curtis Stone Mini Multi-Cooker buyers, the rep confirmed that they’re having issues with the online warranty registration system, so we are to hold on to our invoices/receipts. I tried to register mine online last night, but it wouldn’t accept the date of purchase. (I tried different dates to troubleshoot, but it wouldn’t accept any.) 

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

@Chi-town girl Thank you so much for your post! I might be the only one in the world of Curtis Stone customers who had trouble interpreting the directions and illustration. But I've got good news! 

I called Curtis Stone Customer Service earlier this morning, and the rep answered quickly. With her on the phone, I pulled the white silicon circle (that surrounds the center plug) forward (it requires some force), and the heat shield popped off.

Your instructions were excellent, too, BTW -- actually better!

Also, FYI for other Curtis Stone Mini Multi-Cooker buyers, the rep confirmed that they’re having issues with the online warranty registration system, so we are to hold on to our invoices/receipts. I tried to register mine online last night, but it wouldn’t accept the date of purchase. (I tried different dates to troubleshoot, but it wouldn’t accept any.) 

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

@MsLomo - thank you! I will make sure to keep my invoice