Honored Contributor

Re: HSN TS: 4/25 Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick Mini Multi-Cooker 739-381

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Thank you @Chi-town girl   I ordered the grey.  I have the WP mini rice cooker. This looks like a nice upgrade.

@Mary Bailey  - do you have stainless steel appliances?  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Does anyone still have/use the Wolfgang mini rice cooker? We use ours multiple times weekly for rice or to reheat leftovers. I think its about 5 years old?

@Chi-town girl  I bought the Wolfgang one (a few years ago) and I never use it.  I think I used it 2 or 3 times - that's it!  I don't think I'd use it for rice (which I cook rarely anyway) but I'd love some ideas on what else I can use it for?  I'm happy for get some recipes and give it another try.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Does anyone still have/use the Wolfgang mini rice cooker? We use ours multiple times weekly for rice or to reheat leftovers. I think its about 5 years old?

@Chi-town girl  I bought the Wolfgang one (a few years ago) and I never use it.  I think I used it 2 or 3 times - that's it!  I don't think I'd use it for rice (which I cook rarely anyway) but I'd love some ideas on what else I can use it for?  I'm happy for get some recipes and give it another try.  Smiley Happy

@sueinsf   - I will post some of the recipes that we use. If you have time, watch or DVR some of the Curtis shows.  His recipes shoukd work for Wolfgang's cooker

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl    I ordered turquoise.  I can wait until May.  I have the little white rice cooker that QVC sold, can't remember the name.  It has never worked correctly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Curtis does have some beautiful colors in his line.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sueinsf   - I will post some of the recipes that we use. If you have time, watch or DVR some of the Curtis shows.  His recipes shoukd work for Wolfgang's cooker

Thanks @Chi-town girl!   I'll check out the Curtis shows as well. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl   my appliances are white    WP mini rice cooker was black   I bought the CS rectangle pour side fry pans in grey

Esteemed Contributor

I love every CS pan that I've purchased, but I can't quite figure out what I'd use this multi-cooker for. It looks like it has a capacity of around 3 cups, so it doesn't hold much. I don't make rice often enough to have a special pan for that. I watched the CS video but didn't get a lot of inspiration. On the other hand, I'm seriously thinking about ordering the cast aluminum grill pan. Grilling is left up to me because of hubby's health, and I don't like outdoor grilling just for hot dogs and hamburgers! Does anyone have his grill pan? Thx.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 

I have his grill pan, and use it frequently.   Purchased it long ago  when it was offered with the same 4-qt. pan that he's showing today, this time with a glass lld.   Now the grill pan is sold separately, and a glass lid for the pan is included instead.

Last night I used the grill pan to quickly cook Tuscan-seasoned  pork tenderloin medallions that I purchased at Costco a few days ago.

I also use it to grill ground beef patties with onions, peppers and topped with cheese at the end of cooking. 

The grill pan has many other uses, too.  I recommend getting it if you are on the fence with the decision. 

My husband is getting to the point where I don't want  him using his favorite outdoor  charcoal grilling cook method unless I'm available to help, and it's easier for me to cook the whole dinner by myself  in the kitchen, where I'm in control--including the meat.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided against the cookbook.  I looked at the instruction book on line at HSN. I think there is enough there for me to figure out my own recipes. 

I ordered the steamer to go with it. Not sure I really need it though.