Regular Contributor

This recipe came to me via FB from Taste of Home & it is delicious. It is not exactly low fat but I think there are a lot of things you could do to cut back if you wanted to - I think you could use low fat cream cheese, low fat cheddar (it uses 2 pkgs. so you could use 1 full fat & 1 low fat), I did not have half & half, I had cream so I used it but I think you could probably even use low fat milk & you could cut back on the amount of bacon too. I also did not have dried minced onion in the house, I did have a shallot so I chopped it & sautéed about a tablespoon or so in some butter & then drained it on a paper towel. It is so, so good!

Hot Bacon Cheese Dip

2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed

4 c. (16 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

1 c. half-and-half cream

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. dried minced onion

1 tsp. prepared mustard

16 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled

Tortilla chips or French bread slices

In a 1-1/2 at. slow cooker (I think it could be done stove top also), combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover & cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Serve warm with tortilla chips or bread. Makes 4 cups.

I think if you wanted to make less that you could make half the recipe. When I printed the recipe the nutritional info came up so I will list that below for any who might want it.

It says that this is for 4 c. 4 c. = 261 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.