Honored Contributor

I was asked to bring a plated appetizer to a dinner last night and I did not have a lot of extra time so this is what I made and I consider it a keeper

8 oz goat cheese, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup honey

Use a mixer to combine all ingredients - about 3 minutes on med-high.  Refrigerate to firm up to spreadable consistency.  

I put the spread on Pita Bite Crackers from 
Trader Joe's.  Garnished with a dab of orange marmalade and a small mint leaf but I think of a lot of other combos that would be good.  Served on a platter with edible flowers scattered on it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: HONEY GOAT CHEESE SPREAD

[ Edited ]

That sounds really good, especially paired with pita crackers. I'm going to try that.

Honored Contributor

I do something similar and it is always a hit with my family at gatherings.
One roll of goat cheese. Roll in in sunflower kernels; make sure they stick to the cheese well....then drizzle the log with honey....garnish with whole blackberries. Serve with your favorite cracker or pita chips... I have found the goat cheese logs at Costco are the best...you get two for a very good price...I am always asked to make this now....
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, this sounds wonderful and a lot like a spread I get from my favorite grocery deli. They use an apriot marmalade on top, but I bet the flavor is very similar to your recipe. Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of goat cheese----bought some very soft and creamy goat cheese that was like cream cheese and some red pepper jam at my local natural food store---that was incredible together on a water cracker!!!! Now I've not had very much to do with goat cheese--I like it--but haven't had it so creamy and smooth---and the thought of honey over to--makes my toes tingle!!!!