Super Contributor

HAPPY IN A HURRY COOKBOOK by Steve and Kathy Doocy - great reading!

[ Edited ]

I like to read and I like to cook. . . On one of her Utube demonstrations, Paula Deen talked about the Doocy's new cookbook.  After a wait, I was able to check it out at our public library. . .Each recipe has a fun little story/memory and MY GOODNESS!!,  the recipes sound & look delicious.  That Steve Doocy grew up in Kansas, only made his memories more interesting to me.  I don't buy cookbooks anymore, but this one is a joy to read and I've already copied some recipes from it. . . 

Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY IN A HURRY COOKBOOK by Steve and Kathy Doocy - great reading!

They have done a series of these cookbooks, not sure how many, but I've seen them talk about them on Fox and Friends for years now. So maybe more of them to check out at the library. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy reading through cookbooks too.  The books by Steve Doocy and his wife, Kathy, are really fun to read.

There are a lot of good recipes to try.  I have tried two of the pot roast recipes in the first book..The Happy Cookbook ....especially like the Dental Hygenist's Pot Roast....easy crock pot recipe....very good.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got an earlier book by them (library loan) and made a pot roast and potato salad which I knew we would like.
Trusted Contributor

Funny you should mention this book.  I picked it up today for $.50 at the Habitat Thrift Store.  It looked like a fun read.  Glad I made a good choice.

Honored Contributor

I checked this book out of library.  Nothing caught my eye as interesting or new.  

Honored Contributor

His books are very nice. The recipes I have tried were very good and I enjoyed the stories as well.