Honored Contributor

Grilled Salmon Tacos With Strawberry-Avocado Salsa

F7112BC4-F0A0-4314-9D9D-BB7BC909CD0E.jpeg

Courtesy of a recent Parade Magazine. Adding this to my recipe file and will make it when we can purchase fresh line caught salmon. And all cooking is outside the grill 😎 Enjoy!!!

Wild Alaska salmon, in season now (we used sockeye here), is ideal for these colorful, good-for-you tacos. The trio of salmon (rich in healthy fat), avocado (full of fiber) and strawberries (a prebiotic food that can aid digestion) make for a healthful summer meal. Not a fan of salmon? Try swordfish or mahi-mahi instead

SERVES 4

INGREDIENTS

• ¼ cup sour cream
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise
  • 6 Tbsp chopped cilantro, divided
  • 3 limes, divided
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup diced strawberries
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ½ small red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • ½ tsp chipotle or ancho chile powder
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • 1½ lb center-cut salmon filet, skinned and cut into 1½-inch cubes
  • 1 cup shredded green cabbage
  • 8 tortillas (corn or taco-size flour)

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp cilantro, juice of ½ lime, and salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate.

2. In another small bowl, combine strawberries, avocado, serrano, garlic, onion, remaining ¼ cup cilantro, juice of 1 lime and salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk oil, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add salmon, tossing to coat. Thread salmon on 8 (10-inch) skewers (soaked, if wooden).

4. Preheat grill to medium-high.

5. Oil grill grates. Grill salmon 6–8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once. During last couple of minutes, add tortillas to grill; cook 1 minute on each side or until warm.

6. Spread sour cream mixture on tortillas. Remove salmon from skewers. Divide cabbage and salmon among tortillas. Top with salsa. Serve with remaining 1½ limes cut into wedges and extra salsa on the side

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Re: Grilled Salmon Tacos With Strawberry-Avocado Salsa

@Chi-town girl 

Thank you for posting this recipe.  It looks and sounds delicious, and I will be trying this soon.

Honored Contributor

Sounds delicious!!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 @shy bobcat - I'm a bit unsure of adding strawberries to the salsa, but I know mango salsa is a good summer salsa.

Think I will make a regular tomato salsa AND the strawberry salsa. Maybe the mango salsa too 🙃

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I'm adding this to my stash of recipes and will give it a try soon!

Honored Contributor

As usual, a lovely photo--but the strawberries are not sounding good to me----