Respected Contributor

Greek Spaghetti with 3 cheeses Oven Baked & Delicious!

Great for our Sunday dinner tonight, or anytime.

Greek Spaghetti with 3 cheeses Oven Baked

Servings: SERVINGS 6 

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb cooked spaghetti  (Cheese is usually salty, so no salt needed in the water when preparing the spaghetti).
  • 1⁄4 lb Myzithra Greek cheese
  • 1⁄4 lb Kasseri Greek cheese
  • 1/4 lb Kefalotiri Greek Cheese
  •  1⁄2 cup butter
  •  3 cloves fresh minced garlic and i use a garlic press
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F.
  • Lightly grease medium sized casserole dish.
  • Shred all the cheese and mix all together in a  small bowl.
  • Melt the butter in small saucepan and add minced garlic (Do not allow the garlic to brown too much or it will burn, and same for the butter). 
  • Cover bottom of baking dish with 1/3 of the cooked spaghetti.
  • Place 1/3 of cheese mix on top of noodles and drizzle with 1/3 of butter mix.
  • Repeat layering, ending with cheese on the last layer.

• Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Greek Spaghetti with 3 cheeses Oven Baked & Delicious!

Hello Adore,  I love Greek cheeses, so I have no doubt I would love that!  (We just usually treat ourselves once a year for Greek Easter.)

Hope any family you have in Greece is doing well. (Our relatives say they are ok, but I can't help worry about them.)

{{{Hugs}}}

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Hi MarieIG,

Hugs back to you dear friend!

About the recipe Greek cheeses are salty so if you want to cut down on the amounts, as we sometimes do when serving guests, that would be understandable.

I hope your Greek relatives are okay too MarieIG, and many thanks for asking about ours.

Unfortunately many others are not coming along well at all, and they truly are suffering.

As we know there is really no middle class in Greece. There are the haves, and unfortunately there also are the have nots, and many who have are afraid to help those less fortunate.

We find whenever we travel to Greece, everything continues to change, and not necessarily for the better. 

I truly pray that perhaps in time Greece and its people shall no longer suffer, especially since so many put their hands in the till of funds which did not belong to them, until there was nothing left. That is what is hard to wrap your mind around. 

I too was affected to a degree because I have family businesses, and some of the funds were Bank invested and disappeared, but thank goodness my relations still have to live well, and the businesses still prosper.

Many Greeks even contributed their own funds throughout their working years into private savings accounts, offered by various Banks.

When these Special Savings Bank Accounts were opened many years ago, the Banks and their representatives all promised the funds would earn great interest, and be completely safe, and secure.

Not so, because many of those accounts had no funds left to withdraw, and it was not the owners of those special Bank Savings Accounts who took the money!

I just keep praying that everything works out for them, and truly only Greeks who travel to Greece from elsewhere, and Greeks with relatives here know the real story as to what goes on, especially since not everything is being reported in our American newspapers, or during televised live news casts, airing from around the globe. 

Try not to worry too much MarieIG.....Yes I know it is easier said than done, but I do believe prayers are heard.

I pray The Almighty will ensure that eventually Greeks again will experience new prosperity, safer Banking laws, and true happiness.  

I also pray more safeguards are put into law, and also punishable by law, so what happened to devastate the Greeks, and their beloved Greece, never occurs again.

Hugs back to you with my blessings MarieIG, and you have a great safe Summer dear friend, and know I will post again when we return from our tripSmiley Happy.

God Bless...

Honored Contributor

adore, this receipe has my name on it.  I have to write the names of those cheeses down for the next time I am in that one grocery store by me.

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Adore for taking the time to respond.   My huband was in Greece last year, but I did not want to leave my youngest alone so did not go.  

I was looking into how to send money over there (Western Union?) but my father-in-law was smart enough to take his money out of the bank before.  My relatives are either on small pensions, or working at jobs that don't pay much.  Yes, the hands in the till did not help matters when the ecomony was suffering.  I did lose money in the bank that was from the sale of one of my mother's properties, as I did not feel well enough to get the paperwork together, and then it was too late, but in the scope of things there are so many that have really suffered so I can't complain. 

Do the math.