Esteemed Contributor

Great Tasting BLT from Delish

I made this for lunch and it was delicious.  This is a recipe for 2, and, of course, you can use as much lettuce and tomatoes as you want.  S&P to taste.

INGREDIENTS

2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar

Pinch cayenne

1 lb. thick-cut bacon
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. sweet paprika

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

4 slices white bread, lightly toasted
4 leaves green lettuce
4 (1/4" thick) slices vine-ripened tomatoes

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, and cayenne.
  2. Line a rimmed baking sheet large with foil and set a wire rack on top. Lay bacon in a single layer on rack. Bake, rotating tray halfway through, until bacon is just golden, about 30 minutes. 
  3. Remove tray from oven and brush bacon generously with maple mixture. Turn oven to broil and return bacon to oven until glaze is thickened and bacon is crisp, watching carefully as it will cook fast, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. 
  4. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with chili powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread. Top each slice with lettuce, tomato, and bacon, then close sandwiches with remaining 2 slices bread.
The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Great Tasting BLT from Delish

That would kick things up a notch.

Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl I try to stay away from white bread and bacon, but the exception is when our tomatoes are ripe.  Then we have BLTs almost every week and this recipe looks great!  Thank you for sharing something different!

Esteemed Contributor

@Knit-Chick  I never have white bread in the house.  I made it with some type of wheat bread and it was excellent.  Bacon is not my favorite and I always amazed how many recipes currently call for bacon, but summer is definitely time for BLT's with great tomatoes.  .

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

This sounds really good but has more steps than I've been taking lately.  Once we get our own tomatoes coming in, I might tackle this one, though.